Chapter 20

Friday, 7:24 pm
-

JAYDEN'S POV

"Stupid internet trolls and their N100 data," Dele cursed under his breath as he scrolled away on Instagram.

We were both laying on Dele's bed. He was busy with his socials while I had my eyes fixed on a book titled 'Every Woman'.

"What's with you and this stupid book?" Dele questioned, looking away from his phone, and fixing his eyes on me.

"I stole it from my sister and trust me, it's interesting." I grinned, wiggling my brows because the written information in the book was one of a kind.

"It's literally about women, are you trans?" He bluntly sneered.

"Faggot." I cursed.

"Drug addict." He retorted, roaring with laughter.

I shook my head in mock pity, "FYI, I only do weed, and it's occasional. You literally do 'coke' every second, doesn't that thing drain your cash?"

"It makes me--"

"Forget my sorrows." I completed, "Dude, for how long?"

Dele started taking drugs last year when he lost his mother to cancer, and like he'll always quote, 'it makes him forget his sorrows'. I thought that saying was for alcohol.

"When you start making your babies, then you can pass the saying onto them." He said, grinning sheepishly.

I rolled my eyes, and immediately, his words reminded me of the moment in the art gallery earlier today. I inhaled deeply because I slightly regretted the things I said to her, even if they weren't so harsh.

I rose from the bed and walked over to the socket in Dele's room where my iPhone was charging, unplugged it, and went back in bed.

I decided to text her but I then realized she wouldn't read it.

We were acquaintances or rather slight enemies. She started giving me attitude after I kinda blackmailed her to kiss me.

It's not like she gave me a real kiss sef.

The last time she read my text was on her birthday and she didn't even reply to it.

Nobody had ever read my message and then ignore me like I was some kinda plague.

The truth was that I didn't hate Olivia, I was just trying to hate her, so the feeling can be mutual and I wouldn't have to care about her.

So you're finally admitting that you care about her.

Text? Call? Text? Call? Text? Call?

I'll do both.

Me
Mad?
7:25pm

Once I hit the send button, I exhaled deeply, with high hopes she'll reply.

"...abi?" I just realized Dele was still talking, and the look on his face wasn't a smiling one. It's obvious he noticed I zoned out.

"What did you say?" I asked, nervously scratching the back of my head. Dele hates people who don't listen to him when he talks.

Bab¥ Fac€
Crazy?
7:28pm

A wide grin crept on my face.

"Come, are you mad or you're trying to be mad?" Dele snapped whilst taking my phone away.

"Dele, c'mon, you'll tell me whatever you have to tell me later," I whined.