Darry

-Darry's P.O.V-

It was late at night. I didn't know what I was doing or where I was going. I wasn't aware of my situation until I actually saw her. I heard screaming coming out of the girls home, I cringed. I always knew the owner of the home was abusive.

"Dawn!" Another girl comes running out of the door with bruises on her face.

"I can't go back there. I won't." The girl who is now named Dawn is shaking. The bruised girl is trying to turn Dawns attention on her.

"Listen to me. We can run. We can do it. You know they wanted us too. We have to protect Ashton and Blair." She begs.

"Noel! We can't! I.." They finally notice me. I just stand there under the street light silent.

"Are you girls okay?" I ask and Dawn shakes her head.

"Wouldn't you like to know? God-"

"Dawn." Noel stops her as she looks back at me.

"Can you get us out of here? We were looking for her brother, Johnny. The son of a bitch owner "took us in" before we could find him." She says with air quotes. I smile a little at Johnny's name.

"Yeah.. Yeah he lives down the street from me." I nod and Dawn lets out a sigh of relief. Noel runs back into the building and two other girls come out, both looking terrified.

"I'm Noel, that's Dawn, this is Ashton and Blair." She holds out her hand and I shake her hand.

"Darrel Curtis." I say and she smiles.

"Darrel.. Interesting." Noel smirks.

"Interesting? Is that bad?" She giggles and I smile.

"No. Thank you." And that was it. We became best friends.