SEASON 2: Chapter 20

"Tetsuya-kun, can I assign you for a special mission?"

A 13 of age Kuroko turns around and faces Akashi Shiori, the mother of Seijuro.

"Anything Shiori-san. What would that be?"

Akashi's mother smiles and caresses the teal head's cheek.

"I want you to look after Seijuro when I'm gone. Show how much you love him and never let go...I'm afraid I won't last longer anymore."

Shiori pats his head and shows her one last bright smile.

"I give you all my blessing"

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"I pity you. I didn't know what was the proper way to wake you up from reality, so I thought about giving you mercy...but.

My mistake"

Furihata closes his eyes and mentally prepared himself for the knife to pierce on his chest.

.

.

.

.

But...he didn't feel any pain.

As he opened his eyes, he saw Kuroko hides his weapon and smiles at him.

"I'm sorry if I scared you."

Furihata got confused and stared at the teal head.

"I-...I don't understand. Why-?"

"There was a rule before we started. So...I decided to stop since you're already been disable to move an inch."

"Eh!?" Furihata was shocked by his statement and realized both of his arms and legs were pinned on the concrete with knives stuck on the edges of his clothing.

Kuroko stands up and removes the knives then helps him up.

"Why do still go after Akashi-kun if you already knew he won't accept your confession anyways?"

Furihata looks away with a teary eye.

"Because....I love him..."

"Then-" Kuroko pulls him and walks towards the edge of the rooftop.