SEASON 2: Chapter 04

"Pass me the ball~! Pass me the ball~!"

"Catch!"

"Hey no fair!!! I thought I was your partner!?"

"No! He's mine!"

"Girls,girls...chill~sharing is caring~ I'm both your partners~!"

Kuroko stood by the sand box as he watches his students enjoy playing during their recess.

He chuckled as he saw two little girls fighting over some boy that reminds him of someone.

'That child needs to be educated properly' the teal head thought as he walks around the playground.
On a slide,there sits the blonde little boy that got startled when he saw Kuroko on his first day.

The boy was holding a sketchpad and was curiously drawing something...so, Kuroko uses his weak presence and sneaked behind to take a peak.

Amazingly,the child had skills. The details were almost accurate and the proportion of the drawing was something that not a simple kindergarten can even do.

He was drawing a woman with mocha hair and tied on the left side on her shoulder.

Kuroko was really impressed of the boy's talent. It's an ability that should be treasured and enhanced.

Though, what made him wonder more is that why did the young blonde had sad eyes? Could he be drawing his mother? Sister? An important relative?

"Ah." The teal head newbie teacher unexpectedly steps on a rock and created a noise.

The child looks behind and saw him standing nervously.

"U-uhm..I didn't mean to disturb. I was just-"

"Could you please stop nosing around other people's lives?? Kuroko-sensei?" The child closes his sketch pad and picks up his art materials.

"My apologies", Kuroko bowed.

"Hmph." The blonde child walks away and enters the classroom. 

Kuroko invited the other children to also enter the room now, for their afternoon session is about to start.

.

.

(Afternoon/ 4:00 p.m)

Dismissal of school for the day~as the teal head walks towards the gate while texting Akashi to pick him up. Though, he notices the blonde child from earlier...waiting on a bench for about an hour now. His feet didn't reach the ground,as he sways it playfully and patiently.

Kuroko felt a sudden early guilt if he left the boy all alone. What if something might happen to him while he waited for someone to pick him up? Or what if he gets lured by some child trafficking freak? Okay...enough with the negative thoughts.

'I'll just stay for a couple more of minutes.' Kuroko shook his head and went near the child. 

.

.

.

.

5 minutes later...
.

.

.

30 minutes later...
.

.

.
2 hours later...

'His guardian is still not here?' Kuroko looks at the still waiting child. He decided to finally start a formal conversation with him.

Kuroko sits beside the child and asked," Who are you waiting for?"

The child moved an inch away.

Kuroko smiles.

"I think we're in the same situation though...my chaperone hasn't even answered my messages since an hour ago."

The boy didn't respond.

"Are you waiting for your mother?"

". . . ."

Silence envelopes the atmosphere for a few minutes. Then, the boy nodded.

Kuroko smiles and continued asking.

"Do you know where she is?"

The boy murmured a 'no'.

"I see."

Silence once again came and added up more awkwardness.

After a few minutes,a car stops by the gate and revealed the red head CEO of the Akashi Corp.

Akashi hurried took the teal head's bag and kissed his cheek.

"My apologies. There was a board meeting with the International Ice Sports Industry. They offered the corporation to be a sponsor to the next skating competition that will be held here in Japan."

Kuroko's eyes widened with excitement as he heard 'skating competition'.

"You know what that means~?"

Kuroko couldn't restrain his happiness. He was looking forward to meet his friends that he knew will be participating.

But before he forgot, he checks back on the blonde child sitting on the bench.

He was holding his sketch pad once again and continuously draws.

Kuroko approaches him and held out his hand.

.

.

.

.

.

" How about I take you to your home for tonight?"

[TO BE CONTINUED]