Chapter 24

[Previously...In Cold War]

'Greetings Tetsuya Kuroko. Do you remember me?'

Kuroko's eyes widened as he realized how familiar the person's voice was.

"W-Wha?!" Kuroko stood up and notices a figure outside the window.

"Y-You're..!!??....
____________________________________

"Akashichiiiiii!!!! (╥﹏╥) please spare us ssu~ we just wanted to visit you guys. Plus,we all want to know more about you 'fiancé too,ya know? So~....we're here ssu!!~" Kise said,while kneeling on the floor beneath the red head.

"I didn't plan on joining them...I was forced to be here because of this stupid blondie." Aomine points at Kise that was just beside him.

"While on my case, I had some important news to share,Akashi." Midorima adjusts his glasses.

Akashi brought his attention to the green head.

"From the rumors that I heard,various huge companies started losing income and their transactions became lower and lower through this month. Some say that it was the cause of another company's dirty tricks or..."

Midorima gave a serious expression.

".....a Professional Conman"

"Impossible. Conmans can't be professionals. They all get caught in just a few days or hours. Those kind of easy liars are an easy prey." Aomine responds to Midorima's statement.

Kise comments," I don't think so, Aominechii. Some Conmans can be really tricky that they always can slip by in situations."

"I agree with Ryouta,for now. Even though those pests usually get caught for a second, several others may have a special talent in conning people. That's why they end up getting saved." Akashi stood up and adjusted his collar.

Murasakibara shows up and asks,"Can a Conman be able to kill a person?"

Akashi responds.

"It depends on the situation. They trick people with a huge amount of money with their little lies. If their desires don't come true,they might end up taking the person's life."

"If that's happening right now...then shouldn't you be worried,Akashichii? You don't know when or how will some of the conmans in Japan target you. The Akashi Corp. is one of the huge organizations after all."

"None sense. I won't let such lowlife peasant lay a single finger".

'You're too cruel.....' The four thought as Akashi describes their topic .

Suddenly, Kuroko's was heard from the bedroom.

The red head immediately rushed towards the direction while the other four followed.

(In the bedroom...)

"Y-You're....!!" Kuroko opens the window to take a closer look of the person standing outside.

The man smirks.

"Missed me?~"

.

.

.
"HAIZAKI-..."

"Tetsuya,are you alright in there?"

Akashi's voice was heard from the door and Kuroko rushes to the door then keeps it locked.

"U-uhmm..yeah Akashi-kun!! Just playing a...RPG game! Hha...ha..." Kuroko responds.

"Then may I come in?"

"E-Eh?!"

Akashi was able to open the door easily and sees Kuroko standing in front of it while holding his phone

"Oh. My apologies, you seem be calling someone."

"No! Its okay. He was about to hang u- ..."

"He..?" Akashi's eye twitched.

Kuroko suddenly feels something and told them to duck.

"What do you mean by duck,Kurokochii?"

"Oi, Midorima! Is your lucky item for today is a duck? I think Tetsu needs it."

"Absolutely not. My lucky item is a toy chick."

"I'm hungry again~...."

Kuroko,annoyed, suddenly gives them a sharp look.

" I said....GET DOWN"

Suddenly, the red head felt something targeting him. Though,he wasn't sure where it was coming from.

Kuroko also felt it and before it was too late,he pushes Akashi down to the floor.

the four obeyed and before they even got down...a gunshot headed towards them from a far away distance. Good thing, that the red head was saved by then teal head in a short second.

"What the...?!" Aomine was about to stand up when another gunshot was released and the dark blue head immediately avoids it.

Kuroko had enough and opens the drawer that was just a few inches beside them and grabs the hidden gun and points at the direction where the gunshots were coming from.

He releases a single shot and cleanly hits something from a far distance.

After a few seconds, the gunshots from outside had stopped.

Kuroko sighed and throws the gun into a garbage can. Then he realized what he had done while Akashi and the others saw what just happened.

Kise was the first to react.

"Wha-...What was that ssu!!! The person outside was like.. BANG!BANG! and Kurokochii was like...BANG! and used only one bullet!!! That was so cool ssu!!!" The blonde male was too amused.

"Could it be that...you had predicted this was going to happen?" Midorima asked.

Kuroko responds and stood up then helps the red head beneath him.

"No...I only had a feeling in a few second."

"Tetsuya."

Kuroko had goosebumps as he heard the serious tone of Akashi.

"Are you hiding something from me?"

.

.

.

.

.

[To be continued]