Make It Stop.

"Hey babe" Lou whispered, with a mouthful of corn chips.

"Make it stop." I cried, and the nurse beside me, giggled, she'd probably heard that line many times.

"Don't worry love, this is all natural. You're baby will be here very soon." She assured me.

"Not soon enough" I wailed, and Lou looked absolutely horrified.

"If I could I'd take the pain for you." He offered, because really he couldn't do anything about it, there was no stopping this baby now. Stupid hormone drip, I wanted to yank that thing from my hand.

"Well you can't" I snapped at him, I didn't mean to be so mean to him, but I was in a lot of pain here!

"I'm sorry." He told me, calmly. That was my Lou, always trying to make everything better.

***

I remember the day my brother Zac was born I was only about 12; I wasn't actually there in the room, because I was at school. But I remember all the fuss the adults made over it, like buying all the presents and worrying about all the doctor's appointments, when I didn't understand at all.

I remember the first time I held that baby brother in my arms, he was so tiny and fragile but I loved him straight away. He was not even a day old when I had my first cuddle. I felt as though he was breakable but I didn't want to test that theory. I knew exactly how to hold him though, had to support his neck so it didn't roll around and break his neck; I had to hold around his feet with my hands. His feet were so, so tiny as well as all his little fingers, that could wrap around my pinkie finger and still not cover the whole finger.

I just can't believe that I was going to have my own little person, I've wanted one my entire life, I didn't care if I had to wipe up their spills, their vomit or crap, or have hardly any sleep because I'd still have a baby to love me.

"Lou, I want a baby now." I told him while pain was striking inside of my body.

"I know babe, and we'll have one soon." He nodded, taking in the fact that he wasn't very far off from being a father.

"A little baby, I want it in my arms." I cried, tears streamed down my face, as i tried to forget the pain, it wasn't working it still hurt ALOT.

"I want to do that too." He promised me, checking his phone and not paying attention to me.

"Are you on twitter?" I asked him angrily.

"No, I'm messaging Liam." He told me, and held up his hand to prove it.