Waffles

***

I rushed into my apartment, Harry was in the kitchen, playing on his phone, I walked straight through the kitchen, and down the hallway, he could have looked up and seen me, but if he did, it didn't make him follow me.

I opened the door to the bedroom Lou and I shared, the light was switched off, the room smelled kind of strange, I don't think he'd taken a shower since I'd left, I looked all the way over to our messy bed, nothing but his head was poking out from the covers, he looked awful, I slowly inched my way closer to him, sitting down at the foot of the bed, he looked up, but couldn't see who I was, the light was still switched off. I waited for him to sit up and turn the lamp light on, he sighed when he saw it was me.

"I'm sorry" he began, but I told him not to speak, I leaned over kissing him, once softly on his lips.

"I still can't believe, I was such an idiot, I should have told you where we were going, you have to know that I am truly sorry about that night, I'll never forgive myself" he breathed dragging his breath out, looking me in the eye, he had fear in his eyes, he was scared of me.

"You came home drunk, without warning, you never told me where you were going, or what time you'd be back, you entered the house of your pregnant girlfriend past 3am, then out of nowhere you start verbally abusing your manager, who is also one of your best friends, accusing him of stealing your girlfriend, Lou if that's how you really feel about the friendship between Liam and I, I'm not going be mad at you, I thought we told each other everything, I love you more than life itself, you hurt me, but I'm here now, trying to make things right between us, I've had my time to think, and if it's okay with you I'd like to come back here" when I had finished my speech, I searched for his reaction, waiting to see what he would say back.

"I love you, and I will never hurt you again" he promised, pulling me into his arms, I felt safe, it was where I belonged.

***

An aroma of fresh waffles, and pancakes, wafted through my nostrils, when I woke up, a smile planted on my face when I opened my eyes, Lou wasn't in bed, which meant he was probably in the kitchen.

I followed the scent, up the halls and into the kitchen, Harry was by the stove, flipping pancakes, and Lou was organising the toppings, berries, and sauces, and ice creams of many flavours, they looked delicious, my mouth watered at the sight of these things.

"Welcome home" Harry called, still concentrating on the pancake he was probably burning.

"What is all of this?" I asked them both, while taking a seat; they shrugged and turned to face each other.

"We wanted to say sorry" Harry explained nervously, I didn't care that they thought they needed to flatter me to gain forgiveness.

"Aw" I looked down at the plate Lou had just put in front of me, it was a mess of blue, purple and red, a blanket atop of the steaming waffles and pancakes, the ice-cream, was melting through the craters of the waffles, I sliced a piece off with my knife and fork and began to taste test the boys' cooking.

"You look beautiful" said a clean Lou, he had been bothered to shave and shower, since my return and he looked a hell of a lot better too.

"Lou even showered for the occasion" Harry joked, as if he had read my mind.

***

Vote/Comment ! xxx