Back when I could still see my feet

Please note before reading: I know that Louis' mother's nickname is also Jay, but what my writing has always new about is that sometimes in life things happen, and it's nobodies fault. It's just the way life is. Something as simple as the same name could very likely happen. This book was written when I was a new author so please don't judge me to harshly on the structure, I've come a long way and I hope that you take the time to read my newer work to see the new and improved writer that I am. Happy reading. And OMG THANK YOU FOR 17k FOLLOWERS.

------

"Recent rumours that One Direction's Louis Tomlinson is an expecting father, have been confirmed as true, details are minimum at the moment, but we will keep you updated."

I switched off the television, and sunk into my chair, I can't believe he confirmed it to the press, whatever happened to my privacy?

I dialled his number, and waited for him to answer his phone, thoughts racing through my head, emotions raging; I was still shaking from watching that news report.

"Ello?" he answered with that sweet English voice of his, even when I was angry he still had that weak-knee effect on me.

"Care to explain why I just heard that I'm pregnant on the news!" I said in an almost shout, anger raged within each and every word.

"I'm sorry Babe." He apologised, sincerity was detected in his voice.

"You could have warned me Lou." I told him, my normally chipper voice sounded extremely sad as I spoke.

"You're right, but I didn't think about it. You hardly watch the news, it completely slipped my mind."

"I guess we're just lucky we already told our families, imagine how they would have felt if they heard it on the news before we told them."

"Mum would have been crushed." He admitted, and I knew it was true. He's really close with his mum, and I could imagine how upset she would have been if that happened. It's heartbreaking to even think of it.

"I love you." I told him, and I truly meant it, we've been through a lot in our relationship so far, and I know that's only the beginning, our baby is going to cause a lot more stress but I believe we can get through anything

"I love you too Jay." I could practically hear the smile, he always smiles when I tell him I love him, his smile makes me fall for him all over again, I truly am the luckiest girl in the world to have him in my life.

We've only known about our unborn child a few weeks, I found out and immediately told Lou, we try to keep nothing from each other, especially huge life changing news. Surprisingly he took the news rather well. I can still remember his reaction.

-A few weeks earlier-

"G'day sexy" I greeted my boyfriend when he opened the door to let me into his apartment, he smiled that very smile that I fell I love with, and I kissed his soft lips gently.

"I love surprise visits" he reminded me, bringing my body closer to his, so he could kiss me properly.

"Can you two stop snogging in the doorway, so I can go into my own house" Harry interrupted, from the outside hallway.

"Sorry." I said, with my best attempt at sounding sincere, We let him past, I followed him inside as Lou closed the front door.

"What brings you here?" Lou asked as we both sat down on the lounge, Harry was in the kitchen making himself a sandwich, I didn't really mind if Harry knew the news, after all he was practically a brother to me now.

"I have some news." I told him excitedly.

"Oh do tell." He looked at me with his gorgeous blue eyes, I reached out to grab hold of his hand, I wanted to feel close to him, when he found out.

"Don't freak out but, we are having a baby." I said with my eyes closed, scared of the reaction he was going to have, my hand was suddenly empty, and my heart sank, I opened my eyes slowly, to find that he was no longer in the room.

"Harry, Harry, Harry! You're going to be an Uncle!" Louis yelled as he ran into the kitchen, I followed the sound of his voice, the kitchen now was the location of two men jumping up and down hugging each other, I had to laugh at the craziness of this situation. Relief slowly came over me, as I realised he was happy, he spotted me from the corner of his eye, as Harry spun him around, I've never seen him this happy before. It was all new to me.

---

My phone started to ring, so I rushed to answer it, thinking it was someone from work, but as it turns out it was none other than Liam Payne.

"Hey Li, what's up?" I answered casually; Liam and I had become pretty close ever since I started dating Lou.

"So I hear you have a bun in the oven." He jokes, because i know for a fact that he already knew this, after all I was the one who told him in the first place.

"So you knew the press already knew?" I asked him suspiciously.

"No I didn't, I was randomly channel surfing and then, bam I saw Louis' face appear, followed shortly by yours. They mentioned your little secret so I rang you to see how you were feeling about it all."

"Wait, my face?" i asked confused, because the news report I'd seen didn't have anything to do with me on it.

"Yeah, did you see a different report?"

"I think I did actually" my heart sank, which is probably strange, I've been in this business for long enough I should definately know how fast news spreads around these people. So why was I surprised about this?

"Jay, are you alright?" Liam asked thoughtfully, he always was very thoughtful.

"Yeah I'm fine; I'm just embarrassed that I thought I could keep this a secret." I laughed at my own stupidity

"I think we've all had moments like that, don't feel too bad." His husky phone voice brought me a sudden sense of happiness, he really does know how to make me feel better, always has.

"You're right; I'm being silly, thanks for listening to me being crazy."

"What are you doing later? Would you like to grab some dinner with me?" He asked me, I checked my schedule, and as it turned out tonight was my night off.

"I can do that."

"Excellent, I'll come pick you up in say half an hour?"