Her eyes

Now the scary part number one was coming up, I absolutely hate hospitals, even more than Louis does, and something I hated most was needles and drips, so when the nurses came to attach the induction drip into my veins I had to get Zayn and Niall to distract me.

"We're going to be uncles soon." Niall said to Zayn, which made them both seem really happy, I was concentrating on their happiness and before I knew it the drip was already attached, and as long as I didn't look at it and nobody mentioned the fact that it was there I was going to be absolutely fine.

"Jay!" the familiar hysterical screams of my fiancé flooded the hallway, Niall stepped outside the door to show him where we were.

"Thanks mate." I heard him say to Niall, followed by a little brotherly embrace between them.

"Babe, I'm so sorry that I wasn't there." He wiped his eyes as it appeared he'd been crying, I reached out to wipe away a stray tear from his warm cheeks.

"It's okay, did they board the plane okay?" I asked about his family.

"They were on the plane before Harry got the phone call." Which was quite lucky, I didn't want them to worry about me.

"Where is Harry and Liam anyway?" I asked him curiously.

"They are getting snacks" he rolled his eyes, but his beautiful smile was slowly returning.

"We'll go look for them." Niall told us pointing to himself and Zayn, but everyone knew they were just going looking for food.

"I love you." Lou whispered planting a kiss on my sweaty forehead.

"I love you too Louis Tomlinson." I looked him in the eyes, the same eyes I'd fallen for when I was only 16.

"Jay, I remember your eyes" he told me softly, taking a seat on the nearby chair, pulling it closer to me so that he could still hold my hand.

"Course you do." I said to him, we'd been dating for a few years now, I would have been offended if he hadn't remembered them.

"No I mean I remember them." He sighed, searching my face to see if I understood him.

"From the day we met." I instantly thought back to Lila's birthday party when he had first paid me that compliment, one of the best days of my life that was.

"When you practically made Liam get lost so you could flirt with me" I smiled at him, but he shook his head.

"No, in Australia; at the signing." He looked up at me, and my mouth formed a large 'O' shape, I couldn't believe it he actually remembered me from way back then.

"You do?" I asked not knowing whether to believe it or not.

"Well not at first, I didn't register that you and her were the same person until I found the photograph in your bedroom, but I never forgot your eyes. Those blue eyes were on my mind for months after that day, and I already had a girlfriend back then, and had no contact information for you, so I felt like an absolute tosser for even thinking about it." I was impressed by his honesty, he'd never told me this story for me and he had never needed to, not until now.

"I couldn't keep my mind off that moment either, I mean all through the end of high school when all that crap happened with Jelena and all my other friends, that day made me happy whenever I thought about those few sentences you and Harry said to me, or if I looked at that photo, it brought a smile to my face for at least a moment." He kissed me then, he kissed me lovingly, and he kissed me with passion. It was one of the best kisses of my life, which was why it made being interrupted by it even worse.

***