I Love You Anna

I wandered into Dr. Wells office. He had said that he left me a video message just like the one he left for Barry. I wanted to find it, but I also didn't want to know what he had to say to me.
I went 17 years without him, what was I going to do now? I'd found him and lost him all over again. Now here I was, going to watch his final words to me. Besides the I love you he confessed as he was dying.

I glanced around his office and tried to figure out where Eobard would store a hidden video for me. I focused on his book case and spotted a book that seemed to out of place. It was one of my favorite novels, yet it was shoved into a shelf full of scientific textbooks were. I smirked and walked up to the shelf. I pulled the novel off the shelf and hesitated to open it.

Did I actually want to hear what he had to say, or was I chasing a ghost?

I opened the book and found a flash drive carved into a hole in the book. I pulled it out and looked at Eobards desk.

I pulled up the video on his desk top and clicked the pause button. I took a deep breath and steadied myself, then pressed play.

" Dr. Wells adjusted himself in his wheelchair and adjusted his glasses. He cleared his throat.

"Hello Anna. I'm sorry you've found this. If you have found this, then it means that the last 15 years have been for nothing. I don't know where to begin. I guess I can begin with Im sorry we didn't get the chance to go home. I was so focused on the Flash that I forgot about you. I should have been looking for you, not battling against the Flash. I have loved you from the very beginning. Since I even knew what love meant. I'm sorry we couldn't be together. We missed out on so much together. I wanted so much from you. I wanted a life with you." Dr. Wells preached.

"I know you don't want me to preach to you. So I'll get to it. Inside my desk is a present for you. I'm not sure if I got the chance to ask, or if you got the chance to finally answer me, but I know what I want. And I got you something incase you want the same thing." Dr. Wells said as I reached down into his desk drawer and pulled out a velvet box.
I pulled the box top off and stared down at a gorgeous engagement ring.

'I love you Anna." Eobard said.

The video ended and I was left alone again.

I pulled the ring out of the box and stared at it for a while. I decided, since I said yes, I should wear the ring. However, I had another ghost haunting me – so I slid the ring on my right hand's ring finger. Somehow it felt right to have this ring on, but also slightly wrong?

 Somehow it felt right to have this ring on, but also slightly wrong?