Lost Keys

Cisco was trying a pair of metahuman power restricting handcuffs on me

Cisco was trying a pair of metahuman power restricting handcuffs on me. He was trying to help aid/assist the police. It was the least STAR Labs could do. I was the unlucky test subject. Barry was called out to investigate a metahuman at a power plant. I couldn't go since I had the cuffs on.

"I'm pretty sure this is a restricted area." Barry stated to the metahuman that was near a power grid.
"Easy there zappy!" Barry joked.
"I have to feed!" growled a voice.
All of a sudden Barry yelled out in pain. The metahuman had zapped Barry with a bunch of electricity.
"Oh! What was that?" Cisco asked

"Barry what's happening?" I asked, moving around the computers. He remained quiet until he screamed in pain again.
"Get out of there." Wells instructed.
"Run Barry." I said sternly into the microphone.
"I can't. My speed is gone." He panted.
"I'll call an uber. I'll be back soon." Barry said.

Forty minutes later, Barry was back and in the training room.
"He runs slow even for a normal person." Cisco stated.
We were standing behind Wells, while Caitlin checked on Barry.
"You can't just lose your powers. Okay? Your DNA was transformed by the particle accelerator blast. There's no way untransform DNA." Caitlin scolded him. It took a lot for me to not laugh.
"Oh yeah? Tell that to the uber driver who charged me 65 bucks to get here. I had to tell her I was coming from a Cosplay party." Barry said, breathing hard and sitting down on the treadmill.
"The meta human doesn't electrocute people, he siphons it." I said.
Barry looked seriously concerned.
"All right, do we think this is temporary or..." he said, out of breath.
"We have to run tests." Wells replied.
"Yeah." Barry stated
"I got to warn Joe." He said as he began to leave the test chamber.
Wells spun around and looked at Barry.
"Barry. We will find a way to restore your speed. I promise you that." Wells said.
Barry left, and I stood looking at all three of them.

We walked back into the cortex.
"Cisco. Can I get out of these cuffs now?" I asked.
He avoided eye contact with me.

"Cisco." I repeated.

"I misplaced the key." Cisco mumbled.
"What was that?" I asked as he sat down at the computers.
"I misplaced the key." He said.

"Cisco." I said, shocked.

"I'm working on another one. I promise." He said.

I went to Cisco's lab, and tried to break the cuffs off my hands. There was no use. As I tried to pick the lock, the lights went out. I tried to find my way to the Cortex.

"Guys?" I called out in the dark.
"In here!" Barry called back.
I managed to get to the Cortex with no problem. Cisco and Caitlin had managed to figure out who the metahuman was.

''He's inside." Barry stated.