Epilogue

Damn, I said I would finish this epilogue in a week it's been about three months..but listen atleast I'm here 😣😩. So this is the epilogue, final final chapter before I start up a new book I don't know when I'll start one maybe in a year..two.. I have no clue. But onto the final chapter..

--

One year later

Chanel

I finished peeing on the pregnancy test before cleaning up and set it on the counter besides me. Trevelle bit his lip and looked at the test, confused because it hadn't shown a result yet. "It takes 5 to 10 minutes," I explained before pulling my pants up and washing my hands. Lately me and Velle been having unprotected sex and I swear I always had the intention to buy plan B pills or atleast get on birth control, but it always slips my mind.

Having kids so soon is something I don't want to do but my period is late so I just need to check. If I am pregnant, I don't know what I'll do. I know abortion is out of the question but I'm not fit right now for this. I just enrolled into John Hopkins Uni half a year ago, my career is finally taking off. A kid would complicate so many things.

"What're you thinking about?" Velle asked, grabbing my hand. I pulled back slightly and sighed, "I hope I'm not pregnant Trevelle." I looked up at him and he looked hurt but it was the truth. I'm only 19 and I'm still in school, how can I raise a child when I'm still a child myself. "Why would you say that?" he shook his head. "What do you mean why? I'm still in college Trevelle did you forget about that? I'm only 19. I can't do this right now," I tried to show him reason.

"So what you saying? If you're pregnant you aborting it?" he started getting mad. I sighed and glanced at the pregnancy test for a distraction but it wasn't showing any results yet. "Are you?" he snapped.

"Why you grilling me like that, damn. I don't even know what I'm going to do. I have so much shit going on for myself right now do you know how hard it would be to add a child into that?" I started getting frustrated because he dead ass didn't understand. "What's so hard about that? We're stable financially, we know that, what else do you need? I gave you a ring, you and me we're secure, what's wrong with having a child?" he asked.

"I'm 19 Trevelle! Are you not listening? I'm too young for this. A year ago I just left highschool, how can I raise a child when I'm a child myself?" I threw my hand out and accidentally smacked the pregnancy test off the table. He shook his head and picked it up before checking the results.

"Well too bad, we laid down together and created this child, you're not aborting my kid. Bottom line," he handed me the test and of course it had two bright red lines going across the screen. I bit my lip and felt my eyes begin to water. He looked at me and sighed before bringing me into his arms.

"I didn't want this Trevelle, I know you're ready but I'm not, not yet. Maybe down the line but now?" I wiped my soaked cheeks. "Ready? I'm nowhere near ready either, but I know since we did this together we'll have to see this through, prepared or not. I'm just happy that you're the person I'm having a child with, I couldn't imagine myself creating my first with anyone else," he kissed my forehead and everything was so sentimental and all but this wasn't just something I could be excited for like that. This was about to take a lot out of me.

"What are you thinking about?" he grabbed my hand and led me to the room. I sat and rubbed my forehead, wondering what my parents would say about this. Me and him aren't even married yet, it's just too soon. We've decided to have a long engagement around 3 or 5 years, the ring just shows our commitment to each other but marriage is something completely different. My mind was running with so many things and he was still waiting for an answer. "Abortion isn't an option, I agree with that but what about adoption?" I asked.