Chapter [22] - Breather

Chanel

3-5 business days later 💀

Packages from every store we ordered from was coming in like crazy, UPS had truck after truck popping up as I headed down the steps to let them in.

I swung the door back as men rushed in carrying boxes. I went to go sit down and simply observe just in case anybody got sticky fingers. I looked over to Armani and saw her making lemonade in a big ass pitcher and grabbing plastic cups.

"Now what the hell is you doing.." I laughed. "How you gon let these men slave in your yard without proper hydration," she winked before raising her shorts higher and fluffing her hair. "Bitch if you don't sit your ass down," I bust out laughing watching her pour lemonade into each cup.

She ignored me and went to each man that passed by and handed them a cup. I peeped how they all stared at her ass when she turned. This girl is a real fucking trip.

The boxes started to fill up the whole entrance of the house so they started moving into the living room. When she ran out of cups to hand out she came in the kitchen. "Damn I did not know we bought this much," she said shaking her head. "Girl, right unt..where you going?" I asked seeing her head back outside with a single cup filled to the brim with lemonade.

"One of them was a little extra thirsty," she winked before dipping. I shook my head, all these men was 20+ and well underpaid, she need her ass beat. I peeped out the door and saw her speaking to this caramel skinned nigga, she handed him the cup and started flirting as I rolled my eyes before heading back in.

I went in the kitchen and grabbed a box of brownies before tearing into it and taking one. I yawned, snacking on it while waiting for them to finish up. I dead ass believe Armani did some secret shopping on her own cause ain't no way this many boxes and shit coming through. I did mad spending, but not all of this.

After a good twenty minutes of them piling shit in I got fed up. I got off my chair and stomped outside. I could picture how raggedy my ass looked walking outside with a messy bun, a tank top and some pajama shorts but I wasn't there to impress anyone I wanted to know how long they were going to take.

I headed to the trucks, ignoring Armani calling me. She was right though, it was hot as Satan's toe nails in this bitch. I fanned myself and looked at the trucks that were lined up. I looked in the back of the first one and saw it was nearly empty but still had a lot of shit stocked up. I grabbed a small package and read it, seeing it was one of the many bras I ordered off Victoria Secrets as I sighed.

I stepped back and asked, "how long do you think this will take?" One of the guys did a quick check of all the trucks and answered, "Fifteen minutes or more, we're going as fast as we can." I nodded before noticing another man taking a sip of coffee and sitting his fat ass in the truck, his feet kicked up on the dash, doing absolutely nothing.

"You need to be helping out, fuck is you doing." I snapped, crossing my chest.  "I'm the manager-" he started.

"Aye I didn't ask all that, all I'm saying is you need to get up and help. They've been here for nearly an hour, just bringing boxes in," I tried to reason. "That's their job lady, now move away from the vehicle," he said slowly as if I'm retarded.

I nodded, "Bet."

I headed to the back of the truck and started grabbing some boxes myself. They had about five men out here slaving with all this and his fat ass mean to tell me he can't get up. He already know I'm not paying his ass.

I shuffled in the house and put them down on the steps before going to grab some more. "Chanel, what you doing?" Mani called, moving away from the boy she was conversating with. "Trynna get these people out of here, damn." I said before heading back to the truck. She helped me out as we carried some more boxes in.