Chapter 19 - Rekindle

I apologize, this chapter is well overdue smh but I had family issues going on, those who have private messsaged me asking for an update thanks for checking in and those who've bashed me in my inbox talking about how I NEED to update quicker and on time you got me fucked up. Irrelevance doesn't get noticed therefore, know you are blocked.

Continuing on...

Chanel

Velle claimed he had some 'business' to do and left about an hour ago. I swear I didn't want him to, I mean I know I always be up under him but still, that's my baby.

I know he don't be handling business like that no more because we always be around each other and he doesn't like bringing his work around me although I been around it all 18 years of my life, but whatever. I know he been slacking so I left him alone so he can keep his money up .

Meanwhile I'm over in this big ass house, blasting music and cooking. I was making some barbecue chicken and some baked macaroni. While I was pulling out the items I needed my phone started ringing. "Hello?" I asked, hopping up on the counter to grab the box of elbow noodles.

"Hey," I heard Armani say as I paused. "Oh hey." I said hopping off the counter and sitting down on one of the stools. "You said we could link up sometime and talk-" she said before pausing like she was nervous. "Yeah, you can come over now." I said before shuffling to grab a pan. "Okay just text me your address," she said before I hung up. I text her the address before continuing to cut and clean my chicken.

It was still taking me some time to really register in my mind that this was my house, like damn. He dead ass hooked me up and I know sometimes we argue and fuss and all that shit but I swear he always come through for me. I know Ma played a role in this surprise too so I have to find a way to thank both of them.

The door bell rung, I crinkled up my eyebrows. That was quick.

I went to go answer it before checking the peephole, it was Armani. I let her in and led her to the kitchen where she took a seat on one of the stools. "I know I fucked up by letting a nigga come before you but you and me been close since pull ups-" she started but I cut her off.

"Obviously time don't mean shit I was with you for 18 whole years and you dissed me for a nigga you knew for 2 years," I said before ignoring the look of regret on her face.