Chapter [4] - Homie

So at this point of time, I realize I'm writing for my own health and no one's reading but it's fine. Thank you to those who've read so far and hopefully you don't give up on me. The book not popping yet because I just made it but it will be soon.

---------

Chanel

After my Sunday shift last night me and Velle been texting non-stop. He first hit me up when my shift started asking what I was doing and then the conversation was popping since then. We was talking about both any and everything.

All through that night and until this following morning he had me cheesing. At sometimes the things he said would get inappropriate but I set the boundary. He knows we remaining as friends and friends only, I think he understands that so well because he trynna chill on relationships too. After Josh I'm done with nigga's and I guess after Jania he done with females.

Since we just friends I don't feel uncomfortable around him or feel like I gotta go above and beyond to sound cute when we conversate, and honestly I missed that kind of vibe. Ever since I left Mani in the mall she ain't say not a word to me, probably boo'ed up with Marcus but shit it's cool over here. I see where her loyalty lies.

After I performed my basic preparations, I put my hair up into a high pony tail and slicked down my edges and headed to the room. I put on a white cropped tee, my black and white striped Adidas sweatpants, and my all white Jordan Executives. I didn't feel like getting too dolled up but I put a silver tribal pattern belly ring on and put a diamond stud in my nose. I decided to go natural today with my clear lipgloss.

I put on all black Rollex and coated both middle fingers with silver crown rings before deciding I was ready to go. I threw my all white MCM bag over my shoulder and silver necklace on my neck. I fit my phone into my front pocket before heading down the steps. Ma was sitting at the table, grinning while my dad was kissing her all over her face. "Aww," I cooed, dropping my bag down and heading over to the cupboard. I picked some chips and a few granola bars and stuffed them inside my bag.

"Chanel, get out my damn cupboards. You don't need to me getting no bigger," Ma said, referring to all the food I just stuffed in my bag. I rolled my eyes and turned around, "I'm not even big." I pouted.

"Girl bye, your ass is growing bigger then mines," she said, taking sips of her coffee. I bust out laughing, now she know she need to stop. I get all my thickness from her. She has the most curviest body I've ever seen and a big butt with directly proportioned boobs, she passed that gene down to me and I was rocking it mercilessly. Of course my body was developing so I was getting a little bigger here and there but nowhere near as big as Ma. She needs to cut it out.

"You can cut that laughing shit out cause if I find out you giving any of these little hood rats your cookies, I'ma beat yo ass. You ain't too old to get ya' ass bust, please believe that," my dad cut in, making my laugh disappear that quick.

Sometimes my dad scares the hell out of me. Back in his days, he was the center of the drug trade, everything that was dealt, sold, smoked, injected, or snorted, it had his name written all over it. He was that nigga and he still is, only he's much smarter. He makes sure his name don't show up on nothing but best believe he still behind it all. He gets check after check after check and that's how he supports the family. I never once looked down on his career or the way he chose to live his life because shit, his hustle is the reason why I am who I am. And I'ma stick by his decisions 100%.

Besides, I'm a daddy's girl. He spoils me endlessly on any and everything I want but he still forces me to work. In his words, "I ain't raising no slouches 'round here. Get ya ass up and get ya bread." That's why I work at Sprint. If it was up to me I would still have a job though and although that's my father so he gotta provide for me, I like to have my own shit and hold it down for myself.