Chapter [23] - Flow

Oh my Lord y'all got me popping, 800 reads !!

I'm so hyped and I know lately I been slow with the updates but I've been going through a lot of shit that I'm trynna straighten out and get over so I apologize for that but enjoy!

----------------

Chanel 💰

I sat on the couch directly across from Pa as I bit my lip. "I'm disappointed in you," he spoke while I rolled my eyes. "The one thing I tell you to do, leave his ass alone-" he started but I cut him off by blowing out a big breath of air.

"You continue to bring him up, I should've never came to you with that problem." I said shaking my head. "Little girl do not cut me off, you got me out here running around trynna find the nigga who put hands on you and you up here trynna give me bullshit?" he snapped.

"Can you calm down?" I sighed, rubbing my temples. "Your hardheaded ass-" he started before I cut him off. "This is exactly why I should've never came to you, you treat me like a child!" I snapped.

"You are a child, say he didn't let your damn neck go, what if it became more physical? Please tell me what your little ass was gon do," he ranted. I ignored him and stood up, heading to the kitchen.

"Little girl," he started up, following me. I paused half way, sighing. "You told me not to, and I did it because it was something I wanted to try, it all blew up in my face and I realize my decision was dumb but the last thing I need you to do is continue to make me feel bad. I don't have time for this," I said before heading up the steps.

A few months ago, I quit Sprint, the work was easy but the check needed improvement. After a while of not receiving any form of a bonus, I resigned. That same week I landed a job at the hospital at the front desk, responsible for check in and outs, room numbers, filing and recording. The work was still relatively easy, but the check was 3 times more so you know I'm not complaining. I headed inside my room since my shift at the hospital was about to begin.

I ran my shower water and prepared my outfit before stripping and sliding into the water. I poured some Dove body wash on the rag before wetting it and scrubbing my body head to toe. I took a couple more minutes in the shower before sliding out and using my towel to dry me off. I dried and lathered lotion all over before sliding into my matching white lace bra and panty set.

I slid into my denim jeans, yellow v-neck and my Optic Yellow Air Foamposites before dabbing perfume behind my ear, on my wrist and neck. I headed to the bathroom and took my hair out it's bonnet before throwing it into a bun. I laid down my edges, and put in some diamond stud earrings before grabbing my wallet and keys and shoving them inside my black CK bag.

I unhooked my phone off the charger and stuffed it inside my bra before heading back to the bathroom to brush my teeth and gargle mouthwash. When all was done, I headed down the steps and straight to the kitchen where Dad was lounging on the stool, head down.

I snuck up besides him and wrapped my arms around his back. He sighed before raising up, I stepped back and headed over to the cabinets and grabbed a couple Poptarts and granola bars. I headed to the refrigerator and grabbed a bottle of raspberry lemonade Sunny D before stuffing it all in my bag.