Chapter [14] - Make Amends

Velle

I knew baby girl was mad at me, and I knew I should give her space but I couldn't. It's something about her man. I think it may be the way she carries herself, the way she never asks for shit or the way her Dad owns the biggest drug trade and has mad money yet she still work that 9-5 because she wants her own green.

It might be the way she had me out here looking for a rebound because I was in too deep for her, I needed an out and I went straight to Melae. I'm not proud in saying I used the bitch but she used me too.

I feel like now me and Chanel are on the same page. I know I want her and I'm just hoping to God she still want me.

I know she not really into all that fancy shit but I did want her to see how much I appreciate her patience and know I'm trynna right my wrongs.

She had to work at Sprint again today and you already know I was about to pop up to surprise her. I know it may seem like I'm hopping from Melae to her but I never really caught feelings for Melae like how it's always been for Chanel.

I took a deep breath before heading inside. I saw her crouching besides a little boy showing him a tablet and his mother wasn't too far away, looking at headphones. I sat down in the stool by the counter and watched my baby work.

"Can I hold it?" the little boy asked. She grinned before handing it to him. He picked it up and started rotating it, checking the front and back, he did one more rotate and accidentally dropped it on the ground.

"Oh shoot!" the mom rushed to come to see if it was broke and a huge line ran down the center. "Look what you did Shawn," she sighed, "and you know I can't afford this."

The little boy was in tears and his Mom turned to Chanel. "Is there any way I can put this on layaway or something I-" she started but Chanel cut her off.

"It's completely fine. Don't worry about it," Chanel said before scooping the broken tablet and throwing it in the garbage. "Oh my, oh God bless your heart," the mom smiled before throwing Chanel into a tight hug.

I watched as Chanel broke into a wide grin before spotting me. Her smile dimmed as she pulled away. "I have to repay you in some way," the lady said."No its alright, it was just a display, plenty more in the back," Chanel grinned.

"Thank you again -come on Shawn before you break something else - have a good day!" The lady said before rushing out.

Chanel

"That was nice of you," he spoke. I sighed before heading over to the stools and sitting down. I did not want to see him yet, it was too soon. It was already hard enough to not jump and attack his lips, now he wants to hold a conversation.

It was quiet.

I turned to glance at him and saw him already staring. "What Velle?" I asked before turning. "You are so beautiful," he said causing me to roll my eyes.

I laid my head on the counter and ignored him. "That's cute, save it for Melae," I mumbled. "We're not together any more," he said and as soon as those words fell out his lips I turned his way. I shot up and was forming an apology but for some reason my twisted ass was grinning.

"That makes you smile?" he asked laughing. I nodded and laid back down. "But why?" I asked. They were a cute couple, I couldn't deny that, and it was unfortunate they were broken up but what could I do..

"I couldn't love her." he said.

"-I thought you already did,"

"Nah all she did was spend my money,"