Chapter [3] - Same Page

Chanel in MM 💚

--------

That nigga from last night really pissed me off. At first things were going smoothly and we shared our little meal but then he started feeling hisself, trynna spit game and failing miserably. I don't know what types of females he been talking to but he need to recognize I'm a whole different breed. Sick and tired of the games, I want loyalty and commitment and none of these goofy ass bitches trynna gimme that so I'm done with love and relationships.

I feel myself maturing a lot forreal, normally if he had pulled some shit like that I would be all for it, but now..nah. I'm no one's fool. If I don't start valuing my worth no one will.

I had my box braids in for about 5 weeks and I already had mad new growth, I knew it was time to let my scalp free. Usually I would call Mani over and have her help me undo my hair but after that little stunt she pulled yesterday, I wasn't trynna hear or speak to her. I understand how it is when you around your boyfriend but damn, just block me out like that? It's supposed to be chicks before dicks 24/7 but I guess not.

I headed down the steps to the kitchen and saw Ma propped up on the counter scrolling through her iPad. "Mommy," I pouted, sliding her way. "Hmm?" she asked, slowly lifting her eyes away from the screen. "Help me take my hair out," I begged stopping right in front of her face and giving her my best puppy dog face.

"Aw, come on." she said hopping off the counter and waddling over to the living room. Once she was on the couch comfortably, I rubbed her baby bump. She was seven months in and only had a few more weeks before my baby sister would pop out. I was too hyped for little Dolce Marie. For some reason Ma got a fetish for naming her children after name brands but I ain't gon complain, my name lit.

I slid in between her legs, resting my head slightly on her bump before unbraiding a side braid. Yo I swear Ma got magic fingers when I just got done finishing the first one, she was on her fourth. I did about twenty more and she did much much more. I grabbed the little compact mirror I had and saw I had about 3/4 of my hair taken out. "Mommy you want a break?" I asked, turning around. "I'm good, hold still," she said sliding another braid out. I turned back around and continued pulling them out before noticing Ma had stopped and was knocked out on the couch.

I laid her down so she was stretched out on the couch completely before making sure her belly was safe. Once she was secure, I sat back down and finished taking the rest out. I threw the braids in the garbage before rushing up the steps and into my room. I looked into my mirror and slowly fluffed my hair out, wondering what I wanted done to it now. Don't get me wrong I got nice lengthy hair but I rather keep it done up in a weave. I don't give a fuck about who got a problem with it neither.

I love my bundles.

Deciding on a curly 20' I texted my hair stylist, Diego, to give him the heads up that I was on my way. When I say this nigga be having your girl looking extra fly, I'm dead ass, edges laid and all. I don't mind dropping a few hundreds on it either cause it's definitely worth it. I hopped in the shower, taking my sweet time so I could cleanse my body thoroughly. Since today was Sunday, my shift changed. So now I go to work by 5:00 and end at 9:00. It was about 12 right now so I had more then enough time to get my hair done.

After cleaning up I turned the shower off, squatted, and grabbed some shampoo. I ran my fingers through my scalp trying to get the soap to lock on to any dirt and free my scalp from any build up of germs. Once I was sure I had scrubbed every inch of my scalp I dipped my head under the water and allowed the soap to run out before repeating the whole process again to make sure it was extra clean.

I grabbed my towel and wrapped it around me before heading over to my mirror. My hair grows mad fast for no reason, I noticed I had a lot of new growth and my hair grew slightly longer. I hooked up the blow dryer and roughly blow-dryed it until I was sure it was completely dry and no longer dripping.