52.)

ERIC
At the hospital (November 3rd)

They've performed surgery on him, the day I got here which was two days ago. He's been putting this surgery off for years now and I made sure they went ahead to do it, he was barely breathing when I got here, but he was stable. He's been sleep for the past two days, I think it's part of the recovery.

I never prayed so hard in my life, I thank God for moving through those doctors to help save him, I don't know what I would've done. I fractured my hand from going ape shit in the bathroom. I ain't feel that shit until we touched down here.

One of the nurses checked me out, gave me X-ray and all that shit after I made sure my pops made it through surgery. They wrapped my shit up and shit I had to wear it for four to six weeks, meaning I stay low and not do no crazy shit until this mess is healed.

They asked if I knew about him having lung cancer, stage 3 at that and I told them I did. I asked if they could work on that as well, they said they can start his chemo treatment if he wants them to, if not she said they would do whatever they can as long as they let him.

Now that's another thing I have to stress about, I know he ain't gonna wanna go through the chemo, he would've been done it.

Kira ain't leave my side since we've been here, nobody wanted to leave me really but I asked them to. I just needed time with him alone, I needed Akira here for support. Trell and Britt were sleeping over at Ebony's house with everyone else.

I wanted Mrs. Betty to come with us, cuz I ain't know how long we would be down here and I know how her husband likes to leave her alone. She promised to call each day and every few hours and that's exactly what she's been doing.

I appreciate everyone checking up on me, but today I just wanted it to be me and him. "Hey, you're up early." She spoke with sleep evident in her voice. This was really the first time she got to sleep all the way through and I decided not to bother her or wake her, I know her and the baby needed it.

One of the doctors, rolled in a bigger bed for us and surprisingly that shit was mad comfortable, but I couldn't sleep. Even though I knew my pops was good, my mind just wouldn't let me sleep, I tried.

"I couldn't sleep." I said staring out the window. "What time is it?" She asked, I turned around and picked up my phone handing it to her. "It's four in the morning babe.." she sighed deeply.

"Please come lay down and try to get some sleep.. if not for me at least for your dad." She said, I watched the traffic go by a little longer before I closed the curtains and climbed in bed with her. "I love you Wonder Man." She stated placing her hand on top mine, scooting her ass into me more.

I buried my face in the crook of her neck, "I love you more Baby Doll.. I really do." I mumbled against her neck. She began singing softly, that made me relax into her more. "I know that you are listening you hear me everyday." She sang, I inhaled then exhaled deeply as I felt myself getting comfortable with her singing.

"I always got you Eric, us against the world." She spoke softly and at that moment I knew that it truly was gonna be just that, us against the world. I ended up falling asleep right before she got to my favorite part of the song, but we both needed the sleep.
*
*
I woke up at about twelve in the afternoon and he was still asleep. The nurse came to check on him, told me he was doing better and should be waking up today or tomorrow morning, either way I was happy.

Kira was out like a light so I didn't wanna bother her, so I just laid here looking up at the ceiling deep in thought. I just couldn't catch a break, I don't know who would want to do some evil shit like that to him.