20.

AKIRA
the next evening.

"Hello?" She spoke into her ringing phone, she recognized the number, but wasn't too sure. "You have a collect call from 'Wonder Man' press 1 to-." Before the lady could finish she hurriedly pressed the one sitting up in bed. "To accept the charges press zero." The lady stated and Kira pressed it leaning against the headboard, excitedly waiting.

"Baby Doll?" His growing deep voice called softly, she sat silence for a second just smiling. "Baby?" He called again and she bit down on her lip smiling. "Wonder Man?" She giggled mocking his voice and he let out a soft chuckle. She was a little shocked that he called so late in the day, she always figured they stopped allowing outgoing calls after 7. "Hey ma." He spoke softly and she felt butterflies forming.

"Hey." She spoke shyly causing him to chuckle. "What you doing ma?" He questioned resting his hand behind his head. "Nothing really, just was laying here honestly." She answered playing with the charm he got for her. "You cool ma?" He asked a little worried with her short answers, she nodded as if he could see her.

"Yeah.. I just really miss you, that's all." She said closing her eyes tight, to hold back the tears. Even though she just visited both her favorites yesterday, she missed him being around her whenever she wanted, she couldn't talk to him every second of the day how she used to and that's was getting to her more than she wanted it to.

"I miss you too, but you gotta stay strong for me Baby Doll." He told her knowing that she was close to breaking down. He hated the fact that he couldn't hold her and kiss on her, like he used to. "I'm trying.." she mumbled sadly wiping away a stray tear. "I love you Kira." He told her honestly, she covered her mouth to muffle her crying.

She was in love with him despite being young, she knew it in her heart, a blind man could even see that. She missed him and there was nothing she could do to get him back. "Baby?" He called after not getting a response back.

She put the phone on mute and just let herself go. She was heavily depressed and the more she let it be known in her mind that he was actually gone, the more it ate at her. "Baby answer me." He pleaded, she took some time to get herself together before un-muting the call. "I love you too." She finally said with hurt evident in her voice. He sighed knowing she had been crying, he too teared up but he knew he had to keep himself together for her.

"What time are you gonna go to bed?" He asked wanting to change up the mood. She laid down in bed looking off into no where with the phone on speaker. "I don't know." She answered softly. "I can stay on here until you fall asleep, if you want." He suggested and she smiled at the gesture. "I don't wanna go to sleep just yet." She stated slight giggling he laughed.

"I'm all ears for you." He promised as her eyes began to get heavy, truth was she was tired as hell, but she refused to tell him that. "Do you guys know when you're getting out? Is there some set date?" She questioned after yawning. "Nah." He lied not wanting to worry her, she frowned but decided not to pry.

"When your classes start?" He asked changing the subject. "Couple weeks." She answered closing her eyes, he could hear the tiredness in her voice. "Not sleeping?" He asked already knowing the answer. "I am." She lied and he chuckled lowly. "You gotta sleep ma, that's how you'll be able to function throughout the day and all that other educated shit." He said earning a giggle from her.

"I understand." She added, "Kira?" He called, "Yes?" She sighed getting comfortable in her bed. "Go to sleep." He told her. "Don't hang up." She begged fighting her sleep. "I'll hang up when you're asleep." He assured and she nodded drifting off.

Ten minutes have went by and Kira was coming in and out of sleep, just to be sure he didn't hang up. "Eric?" She called lowly, he cleared his throat before answering. "Trell's doing good, we got a cell next to each other." He announced knowing her question. "Ok.. I feel like I hurt his feelings at times, when I just wanna talk to you." She revealed, "You don't B, he understands what's up. All he talks about is you and your mama." He explained and she smiled feeling her eyes getting heavy again.

"Well tell him I still love his knucklehead self." She mumbled snuggling into her pillow more. "I got you." He assured, "I miss you." She said softly getting emotional again and he sighed. He couldn't be mad at her for being emotional, that's how she was, he just wanted her to be strong for him. "I miss you too Kira, get some rest baby." He added rubbing his hand down his face exhaustedly. "I love you." She mumbled and he said it back before she fell asleep.

He waited thirty minutes before he called her name, once he didn't get a reply he hung and slid the phone in his hiding place. Trell and him, really didn't want to stay in to finish their time, but they refused to come out and snitch. They did wrong way before the snake came around, so they figured they should take this as a lesson from God and change their lives around while serving their time..
*
*
Morning

"Good morning sweetheart." My mom greeted as I joined her in the kitchen for breakfast. "Morning mama." I smiled taking my seat across from her after giving her a hug. "You sound more happy, you sleep good?" She questioned studying my face, I giggled scooping up some eggs placing them in my mouth.

"Yes, Eric called me last night." I smiled, thinking back to last night. She smiled eating her food, "What'd you guys talk about?" She asked, "Nothing really, I just wanted to hear his voice." I stated taking a sip of my water. "Why did I hear you crying when I walked passed your room then?" She asked raising a brow and I looked down at my plate.

"I just missed him." I mumbled playing in my breakfast. She decided not to press the issue, we sat in comfortable silence as we ate, before she had to leave to handle some business with Will and Mr. Jones.

I sat in the living room watching the food network, with my phone right by me just in case I got a call from Eric. In the midst of me munching on some grapes there was a knock at the door. I placed my bowl down and got up jogging to the door.

I pulled the door open after unlocking it and frowned when I seen who it was.. "What are you doing here?" I asked looking at him.

ERIC

"You spoke with lil sis last night?" Trell asked as we worked out in the gym. "Yeah, she said she loved you." I informed and he nodded. "Did she cry?" He asked looking over at me as he did his crunches. "Mhm." I answered trying to get in a few more weight reps.

"You still not gonna tell her who snitched?" He asked after I placed the weights back in their spot. "Nah, I don't need her in our mess." I stated honestly, he got up and laid where I was at and began lifting up the weight with my help every so often. "Understood." He replied as he lifted. I watched him to be sure everything was good, then went to box the bag.

"Did at least tell her we're gonna be in here for a few years?" He asked approaching me holding the bag steady. I punched the bag a few times before answering. "Not a good time." I answered punching the bag some more. He shook his head giving me his famous "You in for some shit." look.

"Needa tell her bro." He added changing spots so he could get his rounds with the bag. "I will." I lied, glancing around the room at the other guys. "I'm find me a bad jank to hit when we get out of here." He laughed and I shook my head. "Only this guy.." I thought.

"You think she'll give you play on your birthday?" He asked catching me a little off guard. I furrowed my brows at him before we began air boxing. "As much as I want to, I don't want her first time to be in a prison." I chuckled a little disgusted and he laughed moving to his left some, before throwing a two hit combo.

"Y'all in love so it shouldn't matter." He said shrugging, I thought about for a few before shaking the thought. "Naaah." I said just as one of the guards called for us. "Y'all gonna be going at it, like rabbits when we get home." He teased and I smirked as we walked out the gym and headed to the showers. "We will" I mumbled going into my shower closing my curtain.
*
*
*
🤷🏽‍♀️