35.

AKIRA
January 26th (2 weeks later)

"Well he just comes home and goes to bed and repeats." I told my mom as I sat on the floor while she braided my hair. "Did you guys ever talk about what happened that night?" She asked and I shook my head.

"So he just came back a few days later and didn't bring it up?" She questioned and I nodded rolling my eyes. "Mm." Was all she said and I knew her mind was working. "He's making it hard for me to continue to like him." She announced and I smiled softly.

"Anyways.." She said changing the subject and I giggled. "You find out what you're having next month!" She chimed, "I don't wanna know until I give birth." I admitted and she gasped pulling my head back a little too hard. "Dang mama." I whined rubbing the area and she giggled patting the spot.

"Sorry baby." She apologized, "Why don't you wanna know?" She asked and I shrugged, "I think it'll be more exciting if we keep it a surprise." I explained, she didn't say nothing which indicated she understood.

A good thirty minutes or so later she finished. "EBONY!" Someone called, she patted my shoulder and I leaned forward so she could get up. "Go see how it looks." She said jogging out her room, I used the bed for support as I stood up and went to her bathroom to check.

"Yassss bitch slay!" I complimented myself as I did a few poses and twirls.

I flipped my braids over my shoulder and headed left out the bathroom picking up my phone to see what time it was

I flipped my braids over my shoulder and headed left out the bathroom picking up my phone to see what time it was. "Still no reply." I thought to myself, referring to Chase not texting me back. I was so busy looking down at my phone I didn't even notice I was on my way walking out the bedroom.

"Sup." Eric's voice startled me, I held my chest looking at him and he chuckled walking up to me. I slid my phone in my pocket, "Hey." I greeted softly, he pulled me into him and planted a kiss on my neck.

"I missed you." He said against my neck, I pulled back some, not wanting to say it back. He looked behind him then back to me, before I had time to ask he cupped my face and kissed me. At first I didn't, but I caved and kissed him back. "Eric." I said pulling away, he let out a breath and rested his forehead against mine.

"I'm sorry." He apologized kissing my forehead, "It's fine." I assured backing up, I went to sit on my mom bed and he followed me laying across the other side. "How's the online college stuff going?" I asked checking my phone again, then looked over at him feeling slightly defeated.

"Good, wassup with you?" He asked catching on to my sudden attitude, "Nothing, how much longer do you guys gotta do it?" I asked changing the subject, he chuckled softly and pulled at one of my braids. "Tuesday- Thursday for 6 months." He answered and I nodded laying back next to him.