27.

AKIRA
Two days later

Things been better between Chase and I, I haven't mentioned anything about hearing him confess his true feelings to me that night and it's gonna stay like that. "When I was younger, I used to swear my mom had magical powers when it came to her hair."

He said as we walked the bridge, we got out of class two hours ago, after we finished our homework, he asked if I would take a walk with him and well we ended up here.

"Really?" I asked giggling some and he nodded

"Really?" I asked giggling some and he nodded. "She had a new hairstyle literally every two days." He said chuckling and I smiled. "Her favorite style to rock was a pixie cut and it fit her well, cuz she favored Angela Basset."

He announced and I smiled picturing her, I haven't met his family yet and I could already tell I would like her, I love Angela Bassett. "She sounds beautiful." I told him taking a hold of his hand, to my surprise he didn't pull away.

"She is." He said softly. "You okay?" I asked looking over at him, he looked at me and gave me a reassuring smile. "Yeah, I was doing some thinking." He informed kissing me on my forehead. "What you thinking about?" I asked.

CHASE

"What you thinking about?" She asked, I smiled to myself, just at how innocent she sounded without even trying. "Just some stuff lil bit." I answered as we made a left, as we continued to walk.

I pulled her on the other side of me and resumed holding her hand. "What's your dad like?" She asked glancing at me. "He has his own Barber shop and own his own stock company." I told her and she stopped walking making me stop as well.

"Why does your brother um.. slang then?" She asked referring to Mace, I shrugged. "I guess he wanna get it on his own, he doesn't like when my mom or pops try to offer or give us things." I paused, "He got pride like our pops." I added.

"I used to think he didn't like me for some reason, when I met him the night of our graduation, I would catch him staring at me funny or mugging Eric." She said and I furrowed my brows as we started walking again.

"Now he speaks to me.. I guess cuz you and I are a thing." She said with a shrug and I scratched my chin with my left hand. "He called and told me about that night, but never mentioned you." I said trying to put some pieces together. "He didn't take a liking to me, so I could see why he never mentioned me."

She said simply, something wasn't setting with me well, but I was gonna figure it out. We continued our walk and talked about any and everything. "Nah but I dead think peanut butter on a honey bun is nasty as hell." I informed chuckling, she said she eats her honey buns like that and doesn't see anything wrong with it.

I find everything wrong with that. Her grip tightened on my hand and she stopped walking. "What's up?" I asked looking at her, she stared straight a head, fear evident on her face. "Kira." I called, she tugged on my hand trying to back up but I stopped her.