10.

ERIC

"She's what?!" I asked just to make sure I heard her clear and she looked at me with puffy eyes as she repeated it. "When did you know?" I asked and she wiped her face then took a deep breath. "When you brung her over here for the first time." She admitted and I placed my hand on my forehead, trying to register this shit. "Why didn't you say anything?" I asked. "She seemed so happy with her new family I didn't wanna ruin it and I was tryna work on a building our relationship." She explained and I shook my head.

"No excuses, if that was me I would've told her the first time I realized it. She out here thinking her mom left her for some drugs and whole time your ass is right here." I stressed pacing the floor not believing this. "Her dad took her from me and left the state, I didn't have any connections or ties to him. I looked for her, I did, but I never knew where exactly they were at. When he took her, my own parents disowned me and that's when I fell into the streets, cuz I vowed that someway somehow I was gonna find her and get her back." She explained and I just listened.

"When I heard he had passed away, I tried to get them to tell me where she was located but they refused, they said he told them that I was a crackhead and that's why we weren't together. He told them that after I found out he took her and left the state, I overdosed." She explained as she cried and I walked over and pulled her up into a hug. That's the most evilest thing you could do to a person, you just don't do no shit like that. "When are you gonna tell her? I can't keep this from her, cuz then she'll hate me." I informed and she nodded understanding.

"Give me two months to get myself together and to prepare for each reaction possible." She stated and I blew out a breath. "I don't want no parts of this E." I revealed and she looked at me with pleading eyes. "I promise I won't mention anything about you knowing about it, as long as you play shocked when I tell her." She reasoned and I thought long and hard about it. "You know I don't beg or cry, but I'm begging you to do this for me Eric." She pleaded and I glanced back at Kira then back at her and nodded. "Two months, then I'm saying something." I warned and she smiled weakly as she nodded, I hugged her again as her name was being called.

She pulled away and cleaned her face before leaving out, I turned around staring at Kira as she slept, just thinking about how exactly this was gonna turn out.

AKIRA
Five hours after the incident.

"What time is it?" I asked tiredly as I rubbed my eyes. I sat up and looked around the room seeing Eric knocked out next to me, I moved quietly off the bed and went into the bathroom to pee. As I released my bladder the incident started flashing in my head, causing me to feel a little depressed. After I finished I washed my hands after I flushed. I returned back in the room and walked to the door pulling it open slowly to listen for voices but I didn't hear any.

"They went to take care of some business." Eric's voice called scaring the hell out me. I turned around and let out a breath before walking back over to the bed and climbed back in it. He stared at me and I looked away awkwardly. "You don't gotta be scared of me." He assured. "I know." I replied getting underneath her soft blanket and stared at the blank tv. "Don't shut me out B." He spoke softly and I closed my eyes feeling myself tear up, I was tired of crying, but I couldn't help it.
"If you wanna talk, we can, you wanna just lay here? We can do that, if you want me to leave? I can't do that." He stated and I kept my eyes closed as I felt the tears roll down my face.

"I should've been there, but I wasn't. I knew what he was capable of, but I still allowed you to associate with him." He said and I felt the bed move some, meaning he must have sat up. "I get it, if you don't wanna speak to anyone, or if you wanna deal with this on your own. Whatever you decide, don't do it without me." He begged and I looked at him seeing him get emotional for the first time. "I know we ain't know each other for that long, but I love you shorty and I care about you deeply. That shit really hit me, when I realized he did the shit I KNEW would happen." He continued and I wiped my eyes.