25.

AKIRA
Thanksgiving afternoon

"Look at you, looking how you looking." Will said pulling up, I was dumping the trash, just to keep me occupied. "Hey Will." I said softly, "Why you look so sad? Pick your head up Kira."
He said gently and I let out a breath staring at the ground.

"Come here

"Come here." He called, I cleared my throat and put on a fake smile, looking at him. "I just wanna hug you." He said and I walked over to him slowly, he pulled me into a well needed hug, we stayed like this for a while.

"You gon be alright." He assured and I nodded still hugging him, "Who's in the house?" He asked after we pulled away, I wiped a stray tear from under my eye. "Mama, Mr. Jones and Alex.. everyone else supposed to show up a little later." I informed and he nodded as we walked in towards the door.

"Eric stopped by the other day." He announced and I felt my body tense up some, "That's nice." I mumbled letting him go in the house before me, before I could make it inside I heard a horn beep. I stopped in my tracks and turned around seeing a familiar car pull up.

Will looked at me and I gave him a reassuring smile, he nodded walking in the house being sure to leave the door open. I placed my hands behind my back and watched the car try to find a decent place to park. I squinted seeing that it was Chase in the passenger seat, but I couldn't make out who was the driver.

He got out the car with a few bags in his hands, he jogged up to me after shutting the door. "Wassup lil bit." He greeted hugging me, I hugged him back inhaling his Cologne. "You face says it all.. what happened?" He asked pulling away to get a good look at me.

"Don't make me talk about it." I begged looking away, as a lump formed in my throat. "I got you lil bit." He promised pulling me into him. "Bro come on!" He shouted to the guy in the car still, I didn't really pay him any mind, when he got out and followed us to the house.

"Sup." He greeted, "Hey." I acknowledge not looking his way. We walked into the house, Alex and Will facial expressions changed, I was confused so I brushed it off. "Who's he?" Will asked approaching us, "My best friend Chase, Chase this is Will, another one of my father figures." I introduced them, Chase stepped from me and dapped Will up.

"And this-." I paused noticing the driver was Mace, I had to laugh at myself. "Hey Mace." I said feeling stupid he chuckled opening his arms for a hug and I gave him one. "Well y'all know him already." I said looking at Will and Alex stare at him strangely.

"Wassup." He greeted them, they gave him a simple head nod then looked at Chase, who was lost as me. "I'ma give these to your mom." Chase said walking towards the kitchen, I looked Will them he seemed to be having a stare off with Mace. "Um.. alright then." I said laughing nervously, I headed towards the kitchen but bumped into Chase.