New Beginnings

AKIRA
Rockville, Maryland, 11 hours later (June 25th)

"I really adore this all white interior." I said as we walked inside the kitchen.

The outside looked simple, which was a good thing, but the inside was something dope

The outside looked simple, which was a good thing, but the inside was something dope. "Yeah it is dope, she even made sure she had it furnished.. Dukes got mad connections." Eric stated and I smiled agreeing. I was tired as hell, all I wanted to do was to sleep. I didn't sleep during the car ride, cuz I didn't wanna have another nightmare and freak Eric out.

"What you think?" Eric asked hugging me from behind, "A new beginning." I said softly as I admired the place. Once we got our stuff out the car and inside the house, up into our bedroom, I fell out right on the bed.

"This shit soft as hell." He mumbled with his face in the bed, I giggled as I sat up to remove my shoes and jeans, so I could crawl under the comforter. "We can unpack tomorrow." I said yawning, "Let me make sure we got everything out the car, then I'll double lock the door and do a quick walk around before I lay with you."

He informed, I nodded pulling the comforter up to my neck. Whoever furnished the place, made sure they had the ac boomin, it was a beautiful house, I just hope the neighbors are friendly. It was now nine in the morning and I know for a fact, Eric and I was not gonna wanna do shit until tomorrow. So I'm gonna try to enjoy this well deserved sleep.

"I seen like three of our neighbors." I heard Eric say as he crawled in behind me. "They was looking at our car." He continued, "Black, White, or what?" I asked referring to the ethnicity, "One older lady was white and the other two were Black." He answered pulling me into him.

"That's nice." I mumbled then yawned again. He nodded against my neck. "You sure you don't wanna talk to a thera-" "No." I answered cutting him off. "ight." He said letting out a breath. "Maybe we can find a nice Church around here." I mumbled, "I'm cool with that." He answered, I didn't say anything just left it at that, before we went to sleep.

ERIC
The next day (June 26th)

"I'm finna go to the store you wanna go?" I asked Kira walking into the room, she stared up at the ceiling then at me. "Yeah give me a few minutes please?" She answered, I turned and left out the room, deciding to check out the other rooms.

Once I looked at each room, I heard Kira's soft voice and headed into her direction. "It's eighty degrees out ma, what you got my hoodie on for?" I asked with a soft chuckle, "Reasons." She answered walking ahead of me, "You don't gotta cover yourself up Baby Doll." I assured, she shrugged not caring.

"B?" I called pulling her arm slightly, she sighed and stopped walking to look at me. "Put on one of my shirts or something, it'll go good with what you got on now, I don't want you to pass out or nothing ma." I told her, "I feel better wearing this.." She paused, "Give me a minute." She said, going back upstairs.