5.

Saturday

"Kira wake up!" I heard someone call, but I just ignored them. "KI!" They yelled then shook me and I groaned opening my eyes. "What time is it?!" I asked highly upset and Brae looked at her phone. "Almost seven.." She said and I glared at her, what the hell?! "Really? You're waking me up at six in the morning forrrr?" I questioned and she ruffled my hair smiling causing me to smack her hand away. "I get off at 4, do you still wanna go to the library today?"

She asked and I laid back down thinking about it. I was supposed to go out to eat with Eric then finish watching Avatar, but I guess. "Yeah, I'll just eat out with Eric another weekend." I assured and she gave me a look. "You can hang with him if you want, we can go to the library tomorrow." She said but I knew she was a little hurt, Saturday's were always our day together. "No it's fine, I rather watch movies with him, therefore I can just walk back over here when it's time for you to get off." I informed and she smiled.

"Ok so, I'll be here like at 4:30 depending on traffic." She stated and I yawned closing my eyes. "You know I love you right?" She asked like she always does and I nodded. "Yeah yeah, and I love you. Now go before you be late." I said rushing her and she gave me a quick hug before leaving out. I stared at the time on my cable box until I drifted off back to sleep.

"Good afternoon." I greeted as I walked into the kitchen, taking my seat at the table. "Hey dear, did you sleep alright?" She questioned and I shook my head. I really only slept for a decent three hours, before I woke up. "I'm sorry, it was Brae again wasn't it?" She questioned placing her hands on her hip and I nodded. "I told her about doing that, I told her to let you know the night before. Don't nobody wanna be woken up at six in the morning just to be asked a question, that could've waited." She ranted and I laughed but agreed.

"You know Brae, still gonna do what Brae does." I informed and she shook her head as she walked over with two plates full of sausages, an omelette and sliced strawberries. "She needs stop." She fussed and I just thanked her grabbing my plate. We sat in silence for a few as we are until she decided to break the silence. "So... how are things with you and that Eric guy?" She asked being nosy and I gave her a look. "We're friends, that's all." I told her for the upting hundredth time. *Usher vc*

"I know, I know, just wanted to know how that's going." She said continuing to be nosy and I sighed. "Our friendship is going good, my first guy friend and I really don't plan on messing it up." I added and she nodded her head eating some more of her sausages. "You're going over there after breakfast?" She asked and I gave her a simple nod. "If I'm getting on your nerves just let me know." She laughed and I also laughed waving her off. "You're not." I lied and she smiled. I took a sip of my fruit punch then finished up the rest of my food.

"See you in a few hours!" She called as I zipped up my jacket and left out to go to Eric's. I'm tired of this cold ass weather, I need some heat so I can bring out my crop tops and dresses, like damn. "Hey there! He's in the kitchen making y'all some snacks I believe." His dad explained after he opened the door. He gave me a quick hug and I decided to talk with him for a few. "How are you feeling?" I asked once he took his seat in his usual spot. "I think I'm doing a little better." He stated and I smiled.

"Do you have any medicine?" I questioned and he nodded. "Sorry if I'm getting too personal." I apologized in advance and he put his hand up letting me know I was fine. "It's alright, I mainly use prayer as my medicine ya know?" He added before letting out a nasty cough and it kind of scared me when his face began to turn red some. I stood up getting ready to go over to where he was at, but Eric rushed into the living room almost knocking me down. "My bad." He apologized quickly out of breath as he proceeded checking on his dad. "It's fine, are you okay Mr. J?" I questioned a little worried and he gave me a weak smile nodding.