3.

AKIRA
Three days later

"I love you.. I love youuu I love youu. Baby I love you, you are my life My happiest moments weren't complete, if you weren't by my side." Beyoncé's Dangerously in Love played in my ears as I looked over my calculus homework. "I am in love with you.. you set me free I ca."

"Kira! Some guy named Eric is downstairs." Ms. Sasha said interrupting my jam. I just nodded then paused the song and followed her out my room. "Is he your boyfriend? He said he was our neighbor." She questioned and I rolled my eyes.

"No we're school friends, Brae knows him." I informed her and she nodded heading to the living room after giving Eric one last glance. I walked over and gave him a quick hug before saying "Hi." "Can we do homework together?" He asked smiling and I smiled back nodding. "LEAVE THE DOOR OPEN!" She yelled as we headed up the stairs and Eric laughed.

"Where's your sister?" He asked after we got comfortable on the bed. "Went to check out some books from the library, then she's gonna get her hair redone by her cousin." I explained while he took out his binder and math book.

"I see you already started on it." He added after glancing at my paper and I moved it away, lil cheater. "How you gon learn by copying?" I joked and he smacked his lips. "How you gon be my friend but not let me copy?" He asked back with a grin and I rolled my eyes. "Anyways.." I added not having a comeback.

"Like I thought." He said and I mushed his head and grabbed my remote just in case he tried to hit me back. "I ain't finna do nothing, scary self." He murmured and I laughed then started going over the homework.
*
*
"Don't understand why we even gotta take this stupid shit." He complained as I laid across his back as we worked on the second page of homework. "College reasons." I stated then checked to see if we got the same answers. I had to double check my work before cheesing. "You're smarter than I thought."

I complimented and he chuckled. "I'm smart as hell, just cuz I don't talk like it or act like it, don't mean nothing Baby Doll." He commented and I smiled without saying anything.

"You're gonna call me that forever huh?" I teased a little and he nodded then took my paper comparing our answers. "Numba' seven wrong." He said and I furrowed my brows as I took my paper going over it. He watched me as I worked the problem out then used the calculator on my phone.

"Told you." He said chuckling and I mugged him. "I made a mistake, sorry DAD." I said emphasizing dad, he looked at me but ain't say anything. "Can we go get something to eat, after these last few problems?" I begged and he nodded as he replied to a message.

I was hungry as hell, so I just wrote down what he had then slid my sneakers on. "Come on I'm starvinggg" I whined pulling him up after I threw on my jacket. "Where we going? I gotta make a stop afterwards." He informed and I shrugged standing in the doorway.

"You got me riding in circles, so what you tryna eat?" He asked a little agitated since I didn't know what I wanted to eat. "Wendy's." I answered giving up. When we pulled up in the drive thru' his phone rung. "Yeah, I'm getting something to eat with a friend... now? .. ok ight."

He blew out a breath and looked over at me and I looked at him confused. "What's wrong?" I questioned and he ran his hand down his face shaking his head. "let me order first." He stated and I just nodded as I glanced over the menu.

"Welcome to Wendy's, order when you're ready!" The female voice said and he looked my way. "I just want two fresh baked potatoes, and fresh medium fries." I added and he gave her his and I order. "What type of sauce for your fries?" She asked. "Two sweet teas." He said and I shook my head. "Sprite."