18.

This is the big jump, a year jump at that. Bare with me❤️.

AKIRA
(June 9, a day after Kira's birthday ) A year later

"Mom!!!" I yelled running into the house with my acceptance letters. "What?!" She yelled coming out the kitchen wiping her hands on a towel. "I got my letters!" I screamed running over to her and she broke into a little praise.
When she told me that she was my birth mother, lord did I almost lose my shit.

I was hurt but also happy at the same time, cuz I knew deep down she wasn't dead, but that's what I was told. I also found out that Eric them knew, I couldn't be mad at them though cuz they kept quiet out of respect for her. This past year has been crazy especially since I had to do that stupid summer school mess last year, just to graduate with Eric and Trell this year.

Braelyn went off to college two months ago, I miss her like crazy, but she's doing what she has to do. Living in East Point, Georgia had its ups and downs but I really didn't wanna stay here that long. I wanted to go off to college and I may get that opportunity to do so, after reading these letters.

Even if it's just 15-45 minutes away I'll be happy with that. "Let me see!" She chimed as we went to sit on the sofa. I handed her my mail so she could opened them for me. We said a quick prayer before she started with Spelman College. "YOU GOT IN!" She hollered and I snatched the paper out her hand scanning over it. "JESUS!" I yelled kicking my legs excited and she laughed.

"Ok wait let's look over at the next four." She said calming down and I took a few breaths getting back serious. She opened up the last four together and I rubbed my hands as they sweated from nervousness.

She looked at me and my heart dropped, "Georgia State, Savannah, Mercer ANDDD Kennesaw all accepted!" She screamed pulling me into a tight hug and I rocked us side to side excitedly, I don't know what or how to feel. I was happy as hell, beyonddd happy!

"I'm so proud of you!!" She chimed tightening her hold around me, I felt myself tearing up. "Which one do you wanna go to?" She asked after we pulled away and I wiped my eyes. "I wanted to go to Mercer or Spelman." I answered and she grabbed her phone typing some stuff in.

"They're pretty close here." She said and I shrugged, long as I got accepted I didn't care, I was happy as hell. "Which ones did Eric apply to?" She asked. "Mercer, Clark Atlanta and GSU." I answered and right before she said something there was a knock at the door. She got up to go answer it while I looked over the letters not believing it was real.

"Look who's here." She said and I faced the door and seen Eric and Trell holding letters in their hand as well. I got up and ran over to where they was at rambling on about my letters. "A little slower ma." Eric joked and I blew out a breath and just showed them my letters.

"ALL OF THEM?!" He shouted with wide eyes and I nodded cheesing. He picked me up and spun me around causing me to giggle. "IM PROUD OF YOU BABY!" He announced proudly and I smiled as he sat me back on my feet. "Congrats sis." Trell said pulling me into a hug and I squeezed him tight. "Thanks bro." I acknowledge then pulled away.

"Did you guys open your letters?" I asked as we walked into the living room while Ebony headed back into the kitchen to finish making early dinner. "I wanted you to be with me." Eric said and I smiled as he pulled me down onto his lap, and Trell sat like two inches away from us.

"I opened mine." Trell announced and I looked at him anxiously. "Did you get in any?!" I asked almost yelling and he and Eric laughed at my excitement. "Clark and Mercer." He said sounding a little sad and I frowned. "Why you sound upset?" I asked. "I didn't get into Georgia State, that's where I really wanted to go." He revealed and I leaned over some hugging him. "You still got into two of the best ones bro, you got this." I complimented and he nodded agreeing.