2.

AKIRA
School

"See you in third period!" Brae called waving as she headed to her class. She was too far in the crowd so I just pulled open my locker, well tried to open this damn thing. "Need some help?" A male voice asked from behind and I turned around slightly to see who it was. "Could you?" I pleaded hopeful and did this cute grin giving me a slight head nod. I stepped to the side letting him open it. "What's your code?" He questioned glancing at me hen back at my lock and I stood there thinking if I should give a complete stranger my locker combination..

"33 30 2 10." I responded as I stare at him as he concentrated. He favored a mixture of Bryson Tiller and Chris Brown, lord this boy was beautiful. "I said what's your name? Baby Doll." He added looking at me with my locker open. "I'm so sorry, my mind was some where else.." I said embarrassed as I put my stuff inside my locker, keeping my binder and phone. "It's cool, but what's your name?" He asked again with a smile and I looked elsewhere awkwardly, then focused my attention back on him.

"A-Akira." I stumbled and beat myself up mentally. "Nice to meet you Akira, I'm Eric." He greeted holding out his hand and I shook it. "Thanks for opening my locker." I said as I closed it and looked around at everyone who passed by. "No problem, luckily mine is two down from yours." He informed pointing to his locker and I nodded not knowing what else to say. "Mind if I see your schedule?" He questioned giving me an innocent smile.

I pulled it out my binder and handed to him and he looked over it closely. "Hey Eric." Some girl said approaching us and I squinted some, to get a clear image of her face. He looked up at her then back at my schedule. "Sup, Nia." He replied handing me back my schedule and taking out his to check something. "Hi." She said acknowledging me and I just waved at her. "How was your summer?" She asked him and he just ignored her before turning his attention to me. She rolled her eyes then walked away.

"That was rude." I thought. "You take all Junior classes and it looks like one Senior class." He informed me and I nodded, I may have been switched from home to home, but I'm smart as hell. I would have taken honor classes but I decided not to. "Yup, do we have any together?" I asked once we started walking since the ten minute warning bell rung. "All accept that oceanography class." He said and I nodded. "How old are you?" I asked boldly then regretted after.

"Seventeen, you?" He answered speaking to a few people as they walked passed. "Sixteen, I turn seventeen in June." I told him and he glanced at me. "So you not a Junior?" He questioned surprised and I shook my head. "In a way, but I'll be a senior next year, IF these summer classes go well." I stressed as we walked up to the second floor.

"That's wassup, I knew you seemed hella smart." He complimented and I smiled shyly. "Thanks." I replied and he nodded. "Hey papì." Some pretty girl said as she walked by and he gave her a head nod. "Popular I see." I commented and he chuckled. "Nah Baby Doll, just a lot of girls who wanna date me or wanna have sex." He said nonchalantly and I made a pop sound with my mouth then looked up at him briefly, this the second time he called me that. "Wassup with the "Baby Doll" thing?" I asked as we approached our first period I'm assuming.

"You remind me of one, in a good way though." He replied simply then opened the door for me. "Thank you." I muttered walking inside the class heading straight to the back. I hate sitting up front, teachers always wanna call on you like you know every answer. I took my seat and he sat at the desk next to me causing a few people to glance our way. I blew out a breath and opened up my binder writing down what the teacher had on the chalk board. "She's pretty." I heard someone say but I pretended not to hear them.

"NIGGAAA!" Some loud mouth guy shouted as he walked in class cheesing like he coped the best weed in the world. "What's good with you playa!" Eric shouted back as he stood up giving the guy some dap. "Gentleman." Our teacher said sternly and they sat down. The guy took the table that was in front of Eric and I. He kinda of favored Michael B Jordan. "What's up with you woe?!" He asked excitedly and I seen him cut his eyes my way. "We do the same shit" Eric told him laughing and he chuckled nodding like he just remembered something.