11.

AKIRA
February 3rd.

"Okay so who wants to read the poem they wrote?" Mr. Moore asked looking around and I slouched down in my seat some. "Eric!" He called which shocked me. Eric looked at me and I gave him a thumbs up, honestly I was happy I didn't get call on this time. "Can you read yours?" He asked and Eric nodded picking up his paper as he stood up.

"Where are you going?" He spoke and I smiled at the title. "5 months today marks the day I first laid eyes on you.." Soon as he read that first line I knew it was about me and I was SHOOK! He cleared his throat before he continued. "I knew from the jump you was gonna be mine if I had to earn it the hard way or ease on in the smooth way. To my surprise you made me work to even become your friend.. To others that may not sound so difficult, but shit to me it was a hard pill to swallow. How do you be okay with being JUST friends with someone like you?" He stopped and looked at me and I looked away shyly.

"It was hard at times, but I actually enjoyed it cuz you gave me that chance to get to know you more, your mistake.. I started getting too clingy well... so you claimed, I was bugging you too much, irking your nerves is what you always said when I would call you randomly. Your laugh was contagious, just like your smile." He continued and looked at me again with a sly grin. "You were different.. rare as I should say. Weird in a way at times, but it was okay, cuz I adored that about you. You never tried too hard or tried to get my attention. Reading and staying in the house was what you enjoyed. I thought it was dope as fuck to be quite honest with you, I found it cute how you were so aggressive and bossy in person but whenever I would call you would be all shy."

"All you ever wanted was to be up under me. I can't front, I actually liked that cuz believe it or not even when you weren't around I still had you on my mind. You're kinda hard to stop thinking about even when I'm mad at you it's always YOU that I still want to be around.. crazy, I know. We had lil arguments here and there, but you was still fuckin' with me as much as I was fuckin' with you. I really ain't know what we were doing, neither of us did actually. I got the courage to ask you to be mine a two months after we met.. you said no.. I think it was just bad timing, but still I was stuck. Like damn, she just told me "No". I couldn't tell you or let you see that it hurt, but it did."

"I asked you "why?" you told me it was because you were digging our vibe, and ain't wanna rush things since you liked how we were going right now. I was okay with that, at least that's what I told you.. Scared of commitment was your problem, trust issues is what you had, heartache is what you were trying to avoid.. I understood that, so I'm waiting. 2 months later you asked if I still wanted to be with you? I laughed and you looked at me like I was crazy, but the truth was I was laughing at the fact that you'd think I'll go thru' all that just to give up so quickly.."

"I told you I was waiting until you were sure of yourself, you agreed that you was so I asked you AGAIN to be mine.. you said yes. Here we are 5 months in our friendship and a month in this newfound relationship, I couldn't even express or tell you how happy I've been lately, cuz there are not enough words I could possibly use to express how much I care for you. All those little arguments that we have and those little "I'm leaving" threats have no effect on me, So I ask "Where exactly are you going?" He finished and everyone clapped including myself.

Lord was the waterworks on A. "That was .. just wow!" Mr. Moore said practically speechless, Eric thanked him then pulled me up into a tight hug. "I love you." He whispered softly and I said it back as I tried to stop myself from crying. "I wish I had someone like that." I heard someone say and I laughed when one of the guys said something out of pocket. "Do you guys need a moment?" Mr. Moore asked and I shook my head as I wiped my face. "Actually can I run to the bathroom?" I asked realizing the tears wouldn't stop anytime soon.