24.

AKIRA
an hour later

"Foods done!" My mom announced peeking out the kitchen and of course Trell and Eric were the firsts to get up. Chase and I were the last ones to get up and go into the kitchen.

"Looks good Ebony." Mr. Jones complimented and my mom thanked him as she handed him a plate. "You want me to fix yours?" Chase asked lowly and I shook my head. "Thanks tho." I acknowledge and he gave me a small smile.

As everyone was moving around in the kitchen Eric did his best at avoiding me. In the midst of me adding greens to plate, someone walked up on me and I realized who it was. "Want some?" I asked him and he nodded giving me his almost full plate, I gave him a good amount of greens, then gave him his plate back.

" 'Preciate it." He said still having himself pressed against me and I just kept silent as I continued to fix my plate, somebody was burning a hole in the side of my face, cuz I felt it. Chase backed up some, when I pushed my lower half into him, for him to move.

"My fault." He apologized, "You're fine." I assured grabbing two plastic forks for us and went to join everyone at the dining table. I sat across my mom, who was sitting by Eric and Chase took a seat by me. "Thanks Ms. E." Chase said and she smiled him, "No problem." She said as we got ready to pray.
*
*
After we finished eating, Chase decided to put the food up as I washed the dishes. Trell and Eric went somewhere with his dad and my mom went upstairs to freshen up. "Everyone likes me except Eric." He laughed and I shook my head, "That sounds about right." I said putting the plates into the dish holder.

He finished putting up the food and wiped off the table and stood behind me, as I cleaned the dishes. "You don't have to be on me like this, since he's not here." I told him giggling, "I'm cool like this lil bit." He said against my neck and I dropped the plate back in the sink causing him to chuckle.

"I'm making you nervous?" He taunted pulling me into him more, "No, can you put these up when I dry them off?" I asked switching the subject and he laughed but moved from behind me. "Best friend?" He called, after it being quiet between us for a good ten minutes.

I really was deep in thought about a lot of shit, some of it regarding him. "Lil bit." He called nudging me and I pulled the drainer out and glanced over at him. "Yeah." I answered turning on the faucet to wash my hands.

"What you thinking about?" He asked studying my face, I dried off my hands and leaned against the counter, he wiped the counter top then tossed the rag in the sink and walked over to me. He placed his hands on each side of me, being sure to be a little close.

"Just thinking." I replied looking up at him. "About?" He pried resting his forehead against mine and I closed my eyes, pushing him away some. "A lot." I answered playing with my hands, it grew silent.

"I can call my bro to come scoop me, if I'm fucking with your head." He suggested and I laughed slightly. "It's my fault, I did it." I admitted a little upset, he bit his lip watching me, "Are you catching feelings cuz of the game we're playing?" He questioned with a raised brow, I looked down then back up at him nodding slightly.

"I feel bad." I mumbled, now I see what my mom was talking about. "I can stop Kira." He assured and I shook my head, "A part of me has a soft spot for you and I'm starting to like it." I told him softly and he just stared at me. "Are you giving me permission?" He asked reading my mind and I nodded.

He pulled my face towards his gently and planted a soft kiss on my lips. "I just wanna stay friends." He mumbled against my lips and I nodded going in for another kiss, our lips moved slowly, I felt a weird feeling in my stomach, something like butterflies.