23.

AKIRA
Two days before Thanksgiving

"Are you coming?" My mom asked opening the front door. I looked at the tv then back at her debating, Eric still hasn't called me and I was starting to not give a damn. "No." I answered simply, she looked outside then at me. "Y'all needa get over this childishness."

She stated shaking her head and I laughed softly. "He hasn't spoke to me in almost a month, I think we all know who's childish." I said matter of factly, she stared at me for a while. "I'll make sure he calls you later." She said rushing out before I could argue. "Watch me ignore it." I mumbled folding my arms across my chest.

"Hello?" I answered my ringing phone. "Hey it's me Brae." She said, I pulled the phone from my ear looking at the unsaved number. "You changed your number?" I asked putting her on speaker to add her into my contact again. "Uh yeah." She said sounding a little uneasy.

"You okay?" I asked leaning forward some. "Yeah, how are you?" She asked changing the subject , I pursed my lips. "I'm in College." I said with a giggle and she laughed as well. "Do you enjoy it?" She questioned, "Yes, how's college for you?" I asked, there was a long pause.

"Brae?" I called when the line went silent. "Huh? Oh yeah it's good." She stammered, I frowned tryna listen to the background. "You sure you okay?" I asked after hearing a male voice in the background. "Yes of course, I just called to check up on you." She assured and it grew silent.

"I'll call you tonight or tomorrow morning." She said and I furrowed my brows. "Are you back home? Since it's Thanksgiving week?" I asked, "Uh no, my mom never returned my calls last week, so I stayed up here." She said but something wasn't adding up.

"You could have came here." I said and she sighed. "I'll remember next time around, I gotta go though." She said hanging up before I could even say anything. "That was weird." I mumbled sitting my phone down, then turned up the volume on the television.
*
*
Later that day

"What are you doing here?!" I asked shocked pulling Chase into, I was in the middle of washing my hair and showering, when the doorbell was being rung like the police.

"I told you I had some folks out here, I remember you telling me where you stay so I had my brother drop me off." He said pulling back, I stepped to the side and let him walk in. I closed and locked the door, then took a seat on the sofa by him, being sure to tighten my robe.

"I honestly thought you weren't even gonna visit." I admitted and he chuckled. "Nah, you the homie lil bit, I couldn't do you like that." He promised and I could feel myself blushing. "Why you.. never mind." He said looking over my attire and I laughed.

"Where yo folks at?" He questioned looking around the empty house, "My mom went to visit Eric them." I said with a slight eye roll and he chuckled at my attitude. "He still hasn't called you?" He questioned a bit shocked and I nodded.

"Dude tripping, I wish I would be stupid enough to ignore my girl for a few weeks, nigga dumb." He said and I agreed. "It is what it is." I said looking over his attire.