n i n e t y

Dan looks at me with an unreadable expression. I know he doesn't like people seeing his arms, and for an acceptable reason. He pulls the hoodie over his head with very little hesitation, and she looks down at his arms for less than a second, before returning them to Dan's face and smiling. She hangs up the hoodie on the back of a door and sits down on one of the sofas, followed by Zoe, Dan and I sitting on a different one.

"So," Louise begins. "What does anyone want to do?"

"I don't know. You're the one who invited us."

"Uh, Mario Kart?" She asks, soon followed up by cheers of agreement. 

"I want snacks," Zoe says, turning to Louise with pleading eyes.

"Get them yourself. You practically live here most of the time, anyway."

Zoe walks off into what I assume to be the kitchen, and Dan fidgets awkwardly, crossing his arms and trying to hide what he can.

"You can ask for your hoodie back, you know," I whisper to him.

"No, no, it's fine. I'm fine." He whispers back, and I wrap my arm around him.

Louise whistles, looking over to us. "The ship has sailed!"

Zoe walks in with a few bags of Doritos and some dips as well, settling everything down on a coffee table in the middle of the room. 

"Wow, now I'm just jealous that you guys aren't single and I am."

"What do you expect me to say? Sorry that I love my boyfriend? I'm not going to lie to you, sweetie." I say dramatically, gaining laughs from both Louise and also Dan, who is currently pulling a handful of Doritos from one of the packets. I'm proud. For someone who used to have an eating disorder not too long ago, he's doing well, very well. 

"What?" He asks, seeing that I'm looking at him, moving the handful of food as if about to put it back.

"I'm just happy for you," I say, and he sighs happily, eating the handful. "you're doing well." I whisper, and he blushes. He always blushes, and it's always charming.

Louise sets up Mario Kart and hands everyone controllers, then eating some of the snacks herself.