t h i r t y e i g h t

Once we reach the park, Dan and I walk towards a tree which I guess he was planning on sitting under.

"I know we're like 17 and this is really childish, but do you want to climb the tree," I ask, squinting my eyes and expecting him to tell me it's stupid.

"Yeah, but I'm crap at stuff like that so you can show me how. If I die it's your fault though."

I chuckle. Dan is funny. I love- like Dan a lot.

The tree is generally very sturdy, covered in loads of branches so it's easily climbable. After a little while of climbing branches and having to help Dan up; which I don't mind, because he's so damn cute, we reach near the top of the tree, both sat next to each other on one thick (THICC) branch.

We talk, staring out at the rest of the park. It's a not very populated area, so hardly anyone comes to the park, which is great because Dan and I can be alone. In a platonic way. No love here, well yes I love him, as a friend. Is that too soon? Probably.

I start to swing my legs, keeping a tight hold on the branch, and Dan does the same, except he loses his balance quickly, and I see him fall forwards, and before I can even comprehend most of what's going on, I wrap my arm around him and pull him backwards, bringing him closer towards me.

"Holy crap." He pants out.

"Maybe we shouldn't be on a tree so tall."

"Yeah," He says, shaking and moving as close towards me as possible. "Thanks for, um, saving my life, I guess."

"My pleasure."

I keep my arm tightly wrapped around him as I help him climb out of the tree, wanting to make him feel safe and also not wanting him to fall again. 

Once we reach the ground, he swings himself towards me, wrapping his arms around my chest.

"Thank you, really, thanks."

"No problem," I respond, pulling him more into the hug.

Then we stay hugging for a while, neither wanting to let go. Dan; probably because I just saved his life from falling out of one damn high tree. Me; no reason, I just love Dan, platonically, after being his friend for three days.