s i x t y

The sound of eating lunch disgusts me. I just ate breakfast, which is already too much. But going to a coffee place sounds a whole lot like a date, and of course, I'd love to go on a date with Phil. If it makes him happy, I'll do it. He keeps calling me adorable, and maybe some day I'll believe it.

"Sure!"

"I get to show how cute you look in my clothes to the public, great!" He says with a laugh. Again, calling me cute. Phil is cute, in a punk, badass way.

"Shit, I left my money at my flat."

"Don't worry, I can pay. I want to take care of my little Danny."

"Good, cause I have like £10 left."

"Do you have a job or something? Like, how do you pay for your flat?"

"I don't, it's all paid for me by- well I have no idea, cause I would've had no way to get a place with my own money after what happened. They also give me a little money every month for food and stuff."

"Oh, right. Let's go!" he says, grabbing my hand with his right hand, and his wallet, which is black obviously, with his other hand, and walking us out of the flat.

We walk along the streets, hand in hand. It feels like I should care about people seeing, but with Phil, all of my worries seem to be crushed. Yes, most people are currently at school, but some people skive off sometimes and might see us, but who cares? Not me, and hopefully not Phil. I wish I was always as careless about things as Phil is.

We walk into a little coffee shop, with perfectly gardened plants scattered around the outside. This isn't exactly the kind of place I'd expect Phil to come to, but most things I've thought about Phil have turned out to be wrong. 

Phil pushed open the door for me to walk through, a little bell ringing like in the stereotypical coffee shop from movies, but it's nice. There's a spare seat near the window, which Phil walks ahead of me to sit at, and I take the seat opposite his.

A waiter comes around, a young looking girl with brown hair in a short bob, coming down to just beneath her ears. Her face is covered with hundreds of little freckles, from her forehead to her neck.

"Would you like some drinks?"

"Yes please, I'll have a hot chocolate with a lot of whipped cream, and, Dan?"

"Uh, I'll have the same."

"Right, two hot chocolates with extra cream, I'll get them to you asap!" She says with a beaming smile.

"Nice people here." I state.

"That's why I like it. Everybody's just really friendly."

My hands are resting on the table, and he places his on top of mine, smiling at me. I giggle, because he truly is perfect and adorable, while simultaneously being very hot.