e i g h t y n i n e

I adjust the flower crown sat on top of my mop of curls for what seems like the hundredth time, looking at myself in the mirror over and over again. I hate it. I hate the way my arms and legs are too skinny, which I couldn't see before, but Phil could. I hate how I have stupid dimples that I feel the need to hide.

Phil walks up from behind me, which I can see in the mirror, and wraps his arms around my waist, leaning his head down on my shoulder.

"You're beautiful, you know?"

"I'm not."

"Dan, would I lie to you?"

"I don-"

"The answer is no, no I wouldn't. You're the prettiest thing I've ever seen, and that's never going to change."

"I love you."

"I love you too." He says, placing a kiss on my cheek.

I don't know how he did it, but I now feel a little bit better about myself, a blush slowly creeping onto my cheeks. Phil makes me blush a lot.

"Ready to go?" He asks, altering his fringe

"Yeah, I suppose." 

We leave the flat, walking through streets scattered densely with houses and blocks of flats.

"Do you even know where she lives?" I ask.

"Yeah, she texted me her address once."

By the time his sentence is finished, we reach a small looking family home, well-gardened flowers out front, the sweet floral scent rushing to my nose. A middle aged looking lady walks out of the house, looking up to have her eyes met with us.

"Ah, you must be Louise's friends. I'm heading out now, but it's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Diana." She says, extending a hand out to me, shaking my hand, and then doing the same with Phil. 

"I'm Dan."

"And I'm his boyfriend, Phil." He says to her with a bright smile, and she smiles back, climbing into a small car parked on the side of the road.

Phil knocks on the front door, which is soon opened by Louise, who instantly pulls us both in for a hug. 

"Zoe! Dan and Phil are here!" She turns around and shouts, Zoe coming rushing to the door and hugging us both individually. 

We walk into the house, which is very much so a family house. I'm met with the sight of a somewhat large living room, enough seats to fit a family in. There's a fire place, and generally warm vibe, a dining table also in sight.

"It's fucking warm! Want me to hang up your hoodie?"