e i g h t y

"I didn't know a boy who's usually so quiet could be so- I don't know, good and standing up for himself," Zoe says, specifically to Dan. 

"I'm not- usually."

"Yeah, sorry about that. I saw when there was like a massive crowd of everyone from the school."

"That was you?" I blurt out. I never saw who it was that got beaten up that day.

"Yeah," He says, rubbing the back of his head awkwardly. "I guess I forgot to tell you that."

"Ugh, English is starting. Which room are you in?" Louise asks,

"214," I say. "and Dan is too."

"Holy shit, same! How didn't I notice before?"

"Well, I sit at the back and try to attract as little attention as possible, so I guess I succeeded," Dan answers, a little smile on his face. I love seeing him happy.

"I'll see you guys some other time," Pj says, walking off, followed by Chris. "Bye!" He shouts, and we walk in the opposite direction to our lesson.

I place my hand on Dan's hip as we walk alongside Zoe and Louise, who are giggling about something. I kiss Dan on the cheek, catching him off guard.

"Can I just say, you two are actually the most adorable couple, ever!"

We walk into the classroom, which just so happens to have Max in, who glares at Dan, and Dan just laughs it off, then taking a seat on a desk behind Zoe and Louise, constantly talking throughout the lesson, much to the anger of the teacher.