f o u r t y s i x

The next week passes with no disturbances from anyone trying to beat me up. Phil and I spent the majority of the time at each others side, occasionally going to his flat to watch movies and whatnot. Life feels normal. It feels like I'm not a burden, which is bad because I am. 

Another Monday comes, after seeing Phil on Sunday to just chill at his flat. Nothing has changed between us. I still blush a lot and get that tingling feeling. He still seems nervous whenever he asks me to do something with him, which I don't understand. Why the hell would I turn down anything he says. Basically, we're the same as we were when we first started to be friends, but I wish we weren't. I wish we were more, but I'm not sure what. That's a lie, there may have been a few not-so platonic thoughts about him recently, but he's probably straight, and even if he weren't, he'd never return the feelings.

I need something to take my mind off of it.

When I walk into the locker room to wait for the first lesson to start, I feel myself being pushed up against a nearby wall. Bring on the beating up. I open my eyes which I didn't realise were squinted shut, seeing Anthony. Out of all of the jocks, he's the one who beats me up the least. His grip tightens, him stepping back from me. I'm tempted to run, but he starts speaking.

"Uh, hi." He says awkwardly, scratching the back of his head.

"What do you want?"

"Well, this sounds weird, and it is really, but uh, I like you?" He says to me as if it's a question.

"Is that why you beat me up? Cause you 'like' me?

"No, no, I only do it cause the others do it. I don't like it."

"Why are you telling me this?"

"I know you'll say no, but-" He looks around, probably to check that nobody's listening. "Will you, um, be my boyfriend?" He asks, hiding his face.

What. The. Hell.

My instant reaction is no, but I don't say it. I need something to take my mind off of Phil, and Anthony isn't unattractive. He's nothing in comparison to Phil, but it'll make me forget about him for a while.

"Yes."

"Really?"

"Yes, really!"

SORRY PHILLIP!! XD (they aren't gonna last too long don't worry, it's just an interesting PLOT TWIST)