f i f t y

I get back to where Dan and Anthony are, seeing nobody there now. They fucking ditched me. Surely it wasn't Dan. Maybe it was Anthony. I don't know. I shouldn't feel bad, really. It's not like Dan was my boyfriend. He's not mine, it doesn't matter. My cheeks feel damp, but I don't remember starting to cry.

Things between Dan and I feel different, and I hate it. I just want my friend back, but now he's ran off with Anthony, literally. I walk around the school, seeing Pj with his arms around Chris, who's crying too.

"Hey," I say, my voice cracking. "You okay?" I ask, trying not to let the emotion show in my voice. I am sad.

"No, that dick head Anthony winded me cause I pointed out his boyfriend. Dan looked petrified in all honesty."

Pj rubs his back and lets Chris cry on his shoulder.

"They've never really bothered us before, we tend to stay away from people," Pj says.

"Yeah, well they ditched me. Do you think maybe I'd be able to hang out with you guys, cause I have a strong feeling Anthony hates me."

"Sure, punky boy can hang out with the losers."

"Chris! Stop!" Pj shouts at him with a chuckle.

"It's fine. I bet I'm more of a loser than both of you combined."

"I'm surprised you're talking to us after the 'gaydar' comment," Chris says.

"Yeah, well, you may have been correct. I'm a flaming homosexual."

"I can tell by the way you look at him." 

"Who?"

"Dan, you doofus!"

"Oh, uh, right, yeah," I say, rubbing the back of my head awkwardly.

"Sorry about the thing with Anthony. He's a dick head."