f o u r t y e i g h t

HI SO I JUST WANNA CLARIFY SOMETHING. THE THING WITH DAN GOING OUT WITH ANTHONY HAS BEEN THE PLAN SINCE THE START. IT'S CALLED 'TOO GOOD' CAUSE WHEN DAN STARTS GOING OUT WITH ANTHONY, PHIL REALISES THAT DAN IS TOO GOOD FOR HIM. now the actual chapter starts.

I don't want to go into school. I don't want to see Dan- that's a lie. Of course, I want to see Dan, but I don't want to see Dan with Anthony. I have nothing against Anthony really, but I was just a few hours too late, and that's what annoys me. Perhaps Dan would've said no and this is a sign that I shouldn't have wanted to ask. Who am I kidding? I'm a punk, he's never want to go out with me. 

I get dressed, not giving a shit what I look like, and leaving my flat with my bag on my back.

-

When I get to school, I see Dan, and unsurprisingly I see Anthony too. Dan's too good for me, it's better that he's with someone like Anthony- for him at least.

"Hey, Phil!" Dan shouts, having seen me. Anthony scowls at me, but I ignore it. 

"Hi Dan, hi Anthony." 

Anthony just grunts and then smiles at Dan, who looks a bit uncomfortable, to be honest. 

Dan and I hold up a conversation, Anthony just looking at Dan and occasionally sparing me an angry look. What did I do? 

I still want to be Dan's friend, I love him for fuck's sake! I'll just have to forget about this stupid crush. The bell goes and I walk into my maths class, saying goodbye to Dan, and not Anthony, as we're in the same group. He sits down near the back with one of his friends at the back of the class, so I take a seat as far away as physically possible. If we became friends it wouldn't bother me quite so much, but I don't see that happening anytime soon, based off of the current scowl he's giving me.