s i x t y o n e

"Here are your drinks, I made sure to put lots of cream on." The woman who took our orders chirps, placing the drinks on the table, being careful to not let the cream slide off, as it's currently piled up far above the rim of the glass.

"Would you like to order any food?"

"Yeah, any recommendations?" I ask.

"Well, I love pancakes, so I'd recommend pancakes, but it's your choice."

"Sure, I'll have some pancakes," Dan says.

"Make that two."

"Okay, pancakes coming up!" She says, walking off again.

I move my hand that was still on Dan's and pick up the glass of hot chocolate with both hands, licking off some cream, before taking a sip. Dan does so too, getting whipped cream on his nose. 

"Here, let me help you with that," I say, reaching over and wiping it off his nose, then licking it off of my finger. "There."

"Hey! I was going to eat that!" He says, fake angrily.

Half way through the drinks and the pancakes arrive, along with an assortment of toppings along with them.

I cover mine in lemon and sugar, while Dan smothers his in golden syrup.

"I see we have different tastes."

"Hey, golden syrup is great, don't judge me... please." He says, starting off as a joke, but then seeming serious.

"I'm not judging you, I was joking, okay?"

"Okay." He says with a giggle.