12. Destination

Answer: Salt and Vinegar chips. (Either American or British type of chip)

(FYI I changed their home to in California because I really don't know the east coast that well and on the west coast when you want to disappear in a crowd you go to Vegas)

"Magnus, please tell me we're not going to Vegas." Alec groaned.

"Do you want me to lie?" Magnus smirked as he merged back onto the road from the rest stop.

"Fuck, I need to get back. My parents are going to be pissed."

"We both know your parents won't notice."

"What about your mom?"

"Already taken care of."

"What about Clary?"

"Alec, now you're just grasping at straws.

"Yeah, well I want to go home."

"No, you don't."

"How would you know?"

"Because I know you, Alexander." Magnus was exasperated and slammed his hand on the steering wheel.

"No, you knew me. Past tense!" Alec ran his fingers up the sides of his head and linked them at the top over his hair. "What happened to us, Magnus?"

"We both know what happened." Magnus sighed.

Neither of them broke the silence that time and they drove the last two hours in complete silence except for their breathing and the static from the radio. Magnus wished they had taken his car; at least they could have music. Alec's radio had been stuck on the same AM station for a year and a half. It was mostly static but every once in a while it became some talk show.

"1 room." Magnus told the receptionist at the Motel 6.

"We don't have any open."

"Lovely." Magnus groaned and walked back to the car.

"I told you that it was full. It's Friday night." Alec looked a little too cocky but Magnus was just happy that he was something other than pissed or depressed.

"Well, you were right. Are you happy now?" He rolled his eyes.

"A little." Alec smiled and it was almost real. "I got us a reservation at a hotel on the strip."

"Oh, fancy." Magnus chuckled.

"Well, I know how much you like things that sparkle." Alec said then the smile was gone and the frown was back in its place.

Magnus wanted to say something to fix the pain but he didn't know what to say so instead he asked for the directions.

Alec directed him all the way to the parking garage. They went inside and Alec handed over his credit card to pay for the room as Magnus accepted their free drinks, two cokes since they were underage. Magnus met Alec at the elevator and held out his drink. Alec tripped over a piece of rug that had come unstapled and bumped the drink. It flipped and covered Alec.

"Damn it!" Alec tried to wipe at the soda but there was no way he could get rid of it without using water.

"I'm so sorry. I'll wash it when we get to the room." Magnus offered.

"No, it's fine." The elevator pinged and they both got in.

"Alec, you can't stay in the shirt. It's going to be sticky and nasty."

"Yeah, thank you for that." Alec slammed his finger against the button.

"Hey, you're the one who tripped." Magnus shrugged.

"Whatever." Alec tapped his foot impatiently as the elevator went to their floor.

Once it got to their floor Alec practically ran out of it and to their room. He opened it not bothering to wait for Magnus who barely caught the door before it slammed in his face.

"I'm going to shower." Alec said.

"Do you want me to wash your shirt for you?" Magnus offered.

"I can do it." Alec walked to the bathroom and Magnus was fully aware of the fact that Alec didn't look in the mirror. It tore at his heart to see such a beautiful person so clearly hate their own reflection. He wondered if it was a newer habit or if Alec had been that way since that night.

"Magnus?" Alec called through the door.

"Yes?" Magnus walked over to the bathroom.

"I-I-I can't," Alec said and the door creaked open.

(You should listen to Unsteady by X Ambassadors the Me Before You version while preparing for the next one)

Also, 30 votes and 60 Comments for the next, unless you want to just leave it here for a week or so, maybe I should just go on Hiatus like Shadowhunters. JK I would never do it! I would seriously hate myself. 

Question: Chocolate or Strawberry?