1. I'm Fine

This is for what could possibly happen between Magnus and Alec based on the s2e15 Promo as suggested by stella_scissorhands. Hope I do it a tiny bit of justice. Here goes!

Magnus held his teacup so tightly that it was a shock that it didn't shatter in his shaking hands. He wasn't even aware that he was holding it let alone that he was still in his apartment. He was somewhere very different. He was back in a past that he had long since forgotten until the torture he had endured when they thought he was Valentine. 

Sure he hadn't completely forgotten what had happened, but he had forgotten the pain. That was one of the good parts about being immortal; if you lived long enough pain became a side note. But that rune had brought it all back to the forefront of his mind and he had no one to talk to that would understand. He didn't want pity; he just wanted to feel whole again. 

"Mama!" He called out as he ran into their house to where her bed was. He was just a child. Sweat ran down his face from the heat of the humid air as he pulled back the mosquito net around his mom's bed. 

She hadn't responded and he had a sinking feeling. He touched her shoulder then saw the knife and the blood. He screamed.

"Magnus?" Alec's sweet voice cut through the waking nightmare. 

Magnus shook his head and looked at Alec who was pulling a shirt on to cover up his bare chest. "Good morning." He smiled and set the cracked teacup down. 

"I could say the same." Alec looked worried. "It looks like you didn't get any sleep."

"Should I be offended?" Magnus squinted. 

"No, I just mean that this is the fourth morning that I've woken up to an empty bed."  Alec wanted to comfort Magnus but he didn't know how. 

"I've even gotten used to your little snores." Magnus teased with a laugh that Alec didn't believe.

"I don't snore." Alec smiled trying to pretend that this was a normal morning; that everything was okay. It didn't work.

Magnus mimicked a snoring sound. "It's cute." 

 "Magnus, I know you well enough to know that something's bothering you." Alec said when he couldn't pretend anymore. 

  "Alexander, I'm fine." Magnus touched Alec's cheek and gave him a kiss.  

"Magnus, please just talk to me. You've helped me enough; now it's my turn." Alec pushed a little harder and slid his hand down to take Magnus's.

"There's nothing to talk about." Magnus assured him but there wasn't an ounce of truth.

"I heard you, you know." Alec finally said quietly. It had been two nights ago when he was there before and Magnus had gotten at least an hour of sleep. He had been calling out for his mom. Alec knew the story but he also knew that Magnus had a right to tell him when he was ready.

"What did you hear?" Magnus looked skeptical.

"You called for your mom." Alec bowed his head. "I know your childhood wasn't a happy one; is that what's bothering you? Why now?"

"You have no idea!" Magnus pulled away. "You better go to work."

"No, I'm staying. Even if you don't want to talk. I'm not leaving you to deal with this alone." Alec grabbed Magnus's arm. "Please, let me help."

"You can't." Magnus shook his head then smiled brightly.  "How about we get day drunk and dance around like mundanes?" 

"That sounds interesting but first come get some sleep." Alec tried to pull Magnus to the bedroom but he held strong.

"No, I don't need sleep. Oh, how about we go travel the world again?" Magnus danced his fingers around and blue magic started to swirl around them.

"No, Magnus, don't you see that all of these things are distractions. You can't just ignore pain until it dissapears. You need to face it and move on. I know I just said that you didn't need to talk to me and you don't have to, but you need to talk to someone. This isn't healthy." Alec's heart felt raw. He hated seeing his boyfriend in such pain.

"Fine!" Magnus dropped his hand and stormed away. "You want to know what's bothering me?" 

"Yes," Alec demanded.

"My mother! I keep remembering when I found her dead in her bed. And that's not it. I remember everything from when my family found out that I was a warlock. They didn't just hate me they were disgusted. Do you know what that's like?"

Alec didn't respond, he knew that Magnus wasn't finished. 

"It's the worst feeling you can imagine and then some. I was a child, I was lost and confused and they didn't care. They wanted me gone, and not just in a different place. They wanted me dead. They didn't think I deserved to live. I had forgotten that feeling. But after what happened with Valentine I felt everything again. It's all back, as if I'm still that broken, thrown away boy."

"I'm so sorry." Alec tried to say but no words came out. He felt a tear fall down his cheek as Magnus began to cry.

"And you know what the worst part is?" Magnus demanded stepping closer to Alec. Alec was terrified of the pain and anger that he could see in Magnus's eyes. "I had to live through it again. You didn't believe me when I told you it was me. You were going to help execute me! You were going to let them kill me!" Magnus covered his face with his hands. "You betrayed me!"

"Magnus, I didn't know." Alec wrapped his arms around Magnus. "I'm so sorry. I was so confused. Please forgive me. Let me help you."

"Why wouldn't you believe me?" Magnus sobbed.

A/N Sorry to end it on a sad note but I'll post part 2 tomorrow or Sunday! Don't worry I'm crying too 😭😭😭