3. Insurance

"Clary, this is Alec's boyfriend, Jace" Magnus motioned to Jace and gave Clary an I-told-you-so look.

"Oh, hi, I'm so sorry about what happened." Clary clasped her hands.

"We're not gay." Jace said in response, finally understanding what they meant.

"You're not?" Magnus asked looking Alec up and down with a questioning look.

"No, we're as straight as they come." Jace answered as Alec stayed quiet. It hurt to hear Jace say that. He knew Jace was into girls, but he always had that hope that he was different. In that moment it hit him that he would never be what Jace wanted.

"Are you sure?" Magnus asked with a seductive smile at Alec.

"Yes." Jace demanded, not understanding why it mattered.

"I wasn't talking to you." Magnus waved him off, "I was talking to Alexander."

"He's not. Now back off. I think you and your little friend here have done enough for one day." Jace stepped in front of Alec in a protective way.

"I'm not little!" Clary shouted and stood on her toes.

Jace ignored her as Magnus grabbed her shoulder to stop her from making the situation worse. "Alec, let's get to the dorm and then I can take a look at your nose. Make sure it's not broken."

"Okay." Alec nodded his head because he was in too much shock to do anything else.

"How about I take a look at it and Clary's uncle takes a look at the car?" Magnus offered.

"We've got this." Jace wrapped his arm around Alec and led him to the driver's seat.

"Clary, you said he was alone." Magnus hissed at his friend.

"You're the one who said he was too beautiful to let get away." Clary hissed back.

"Well, yes, but now he hates us." Magnus whispered.

"Just his friend does. And he seems like an asshole so I don't think that even counts. He probably hates everyone." Clary pointed out.

"Yes, but he's straight." Magnus sighed.

"No, the ass said they were both straight, but your guy didn't seem to agree. Maybe he's just not out yet. It would make sense with a friend like that one." Clary shook her head. Why did the asshole's have to be so hot?

"Little girl I need that insurance card." The asshole said as he strutted over to her.

"I'm not little girl; my name is Clary!" She demanded, angrily. Magnus backed away knowing that it wasn't going to end well.

"And I don't care." Jace shrugged. "Insurance?"

"What is your problem?" Clary demanded, stepping closer.

"My problem? Are you fucking kidding me? You hit my friend with your car! He's hurt because you can't control a little car with your little hands." Jace leaned down closer to her.

"Oh, I could kill you!" Clary clenched her fists tightly.

Jace laughed then snorted. "Yeah, I'm sure."

They continued to argue as Magnus snuck around to the front of Alec's car and opened the passenger door. "Ah!" He yelped as stuff started to fall on him. He caught the box but a couple of smaller things that were on top fell out.

Alec jumped out thinking that it was Jace. "Dude, you knew it was full." He froze, it wasn't Jace.

"Uh hi, sorry." Magnus smiled holding the box and a pair of Alec's loose briefs that must have fallen out. Alec was mortified.

"It's fine. I have way too much stuff. Well, most of it is actually Jace's." Alec clamped his mouth shut before he rambled on anymore.

"I see." Magnus placed the box back in the car and looked at the briefs with disgust. "Are these his?"

"What?" Alec asked even though he had heard the question.

"You're a shy little thing aren't you?" Magnus smiled again. "It's adorable."

"Um, uh," Alec couldn't make real words come out of his mouth.

"We should get lunch." Magnus said then looked at their yelling friends, "all of us."

"Jace is pissed." Alec pointed out.

"Yes, he seems to be but, are you?" Magnus asked with a pointed look.

"He's just protective," Alec said in his best friend's defense.

"And I'm hungry," Magnus said. "So, how about we go stop our friends from killing each other, drop your car off at Luke's, and then get some lunch?"

A/N Thought we could also use a little Clace too! Lunch could be fun though, right? Are you okay if we do a couple know chapters of this storyline? I'm having maybe a bit too much fun with it! Haha 😂
And don't worry Jace will get his karma very soon!
Also, I'm at work but I'll respond to all your comments in a couple hours so comment away! I seriously love reading them all! 💗💗💗