5. Ideas and Scars

Alec went into the bathroom and cringed when he saw his reflection in the mirror. He had spatters of blood on his face, neck, and clothes. His knuckles had it caked on. What had happened to him?

Jace was the one who went crazy. Jace was the who beat up the guy who was talking crap; not Alec. Alec was the cool, collected one who sometimes happened to fall down the stairs; not the one who almost killed a guy.

"He did deserve it, darling." Magnus said from the other room. "I mean do you know how hot it was to see you defend my honor like that?"

Alec made eye contact with Magnus in the mirror and raised an eyebrow. "So you liked that, did you?"

Magnus wrapped his arms around Alec's waist and rested his chin on his shoulder. "I loved it. You have no idea the thoughts that came to mind during that ordeal."

Alec covered Magnus's hands with one of his then touched Magnus's cheek with the other. "I'd love to hear about them."

"First, you need to clean off." Magnus flicked his fingers and the shower turned on. The water was hot enough that steam began to rise already.

"Join me?" Alec asked with a wink and peeled his shirt off.

"Don't mind if I do." Magnus giggled and yanked his shirt off.

In no time they were both in the shower and Magnus grabbed the soap. His fingers lightly touched against the still healing wounds all over Alec's body. Every wound he kissed started to patch up.

"That feels so good." Alec murmured with his eyes closed.

"Why haven't I healed these already? They must be killing you." Magnus whispered then nibbled on Alec's ear.

Alec hissed out his approval. "I'm positive I don't have any cuts on my ear."

"Can't a warlock have a little fun?" He flirted then kissed Alec's neck and sucked so as to leave his mark.

"Alec, can I come in?" Jace knocked on the bathroom door.

Alec shook his head and almost cried out when Magnus disappeared. He was alone; Magnus was still unconscious. He quickly turned off the water and grabbed a towel.

"Come in." He called out as he wrapped the towel around his waist.

Jace walked in with a set of fresh clothes for Alec to wear. "How was the shower?"

"Fine. How is our dumbass?" Alec started to dry himself off.

"He'll live." Jace shrugged.

"That's too bad." Alec smirked. "Guess I'm losing my touch."

"You're lucky, is more like it." Jace tried to look serious but failed. "I'm just so damn proud of you."

"You should be. I learned how to be reckless from you."

"I really am a great teacher." Jace grinned.

"Hey, this is my moment, so could you tone down the ego a bit?" Alec chuckled then turned around to grab the clothes that Jace had put on the counter.

"How badly do they hurt?" Jace asked and Alec saw the pain and guilt on his brother's face. He was staring at Alec's wounds that had yet to heal completely.

"They're fine." Alec shrugged and hid the wince. Truth be told the pain was agonizing.

"We can get a warlock here to heal you like we wanted to before." Jace offered.

"No, I said I was fine." Alec pulled the shirt over his head and tried to pass Jace.

Jace grabbed his arm gently. "I know you said that Magnus is the only warlock you'll allow to use magic on you but you won't be much help to him if you're in so much pain you pass out."

"Jace, I'm fine." Alec broke away from Jace. It wasn't just that he didn't want another warlock using magic on him. It was that if he allowed someone else to heal him it would mean that he didn't believe Magnus was going to wake up.

"Fine, be mister tough guy." Jace snickered then froze when he saw one of the big cuts on Alec's neck disappear.

"What is it?" Alec asked, turning to look at Jace.

"Oh, nothing." Jace said as a red mark appeared on Alec's neck. If he didn't know any better he'd think it was a hickey but that wasn't possible. It had to be a latent bruise just now appearing.

"I think I have an idea but I need your help." Alec said and pulled out a book.

"I'm listening." Jace sat on the chair and Alec on the bed. Jace smiled when he saw Alec take Magnus's hand, he knew Alec did it out of habit as necessity to touch his boyfriend. He probably wasn't even aware of it.

"I'm going to go into Magnus's mind." Alec blurted.

"What? You can't be serious. Do you have any idea how dangerous that is?" Jace demanded.

"Yes, which is why I need your help. I need you too anchor me." Alec pleaded with his sad, blue eyes. "Please, brother. I need to do this; I need you."

"I'll give you one hour." Jace finally said.

A/N Did you catch the little magic bit? I hope I wasn't too vague with it. What do you think is going to happen next?