1. Kindergarten

A/N This is an AU (Alternate Universe) oneshot where Magnus and Alec meet in Kindergarten and continue living that way. So some things will obviously be different.

"Good morning class!" Mrs. Fray called out to the class of rowdy little kids. Alec turned in his seat and faced her. He pulled out his pencil and a piece of paper, ready for the first task. His parents made him practice at home until he was perfect; he would not prove them wrong.

"This is Magnus; he's new and will be in our class." She continued once the noise settled.

"That's a stupid name." Tommy, whispered in front of Alec. 

Alec kicked him and glared. Tommy instantly sank down in his seat.

"I want all of you to make him feel welcomed." She looked at each and every student before looking down at Magnus. "Is there anything you'd like to share with the class."

"I love glitter!" Magnus shouted and raised his hands up in the air throwing glitter everywhere.

"Oh!" Mrs. Fray exclaimed and brushed the glitter off her dress. "That's nice. Why don't you go take a seat next to Alec? Alec raise your hand, please."

Alec waved his hand. "But, Mrs. Fray that's Jace's spot." 

"Jace is going to be gone for a whole month with his dad. When he gets back we'll figure it out." Mrs. Fray said sweetly. She couldn't wait to see Alec interact with someone other than the troublemaker who was his best friend. She knew that he would focus better and pay more attention.

"Hi, Alec." Magnus held out his little hand.

Alec took it and shook it even though it felt silly shaking hands with another kid. "I'm Alec."

"I like your eyes." Magnus whispered as Mrs. Fray began the lesson. 

Alec blushed. "Thanks."

"They're my favorite color." Magnus smiled.

"Listen to the teacher." Alec nodded towards Mrs. Fray.

"Can I borrow a pencil?" Magnus asked.

"Why don't you have one?" Alec asked as he opened his desk to grab one from the spot he kept it.

"I don't know. It didn't match my outfit?" Magnus motioned down to his gold shirt and black pants.

Alec snorted to hide his giggle. Who cared about a pencil matching their outfit?

"Who was Jace?" Magnus asked a little bit later.

"Jace is my best friend. Everybody loves him." Alec answered the question after Mrs. Fray finished speaking. 

"Can we be friends?" Magnus asked.

"Sure." Alec reached in his desk and pulled out a glittery pencil that he had gotten from the book fair for his sister Izzy and handed it to Magnus. 

"Is this for me?" Magnus asked, beaming, as he looked at the blue sparkly pencil. 

"We're friends, aren't we?" Alec asked.

"I want to be." Magnus reached in his pocket. "But, I only brought this."

He held out a small ring that he had won from the machine at the restaurant his family ate at the night before. Alec looked at it and his eyes opened wide. It was the one that he had wanted from the machine last night. He wanted to yank it out of Magnus's hand but he held back.

"You don't have to give me anything." Alec assured him.

"No, please take it." Magnus pushed it into Alec's hands.

"Okay!" Alec slipped it on his finger with a huge smile on his face.

"Alec, Magnus, will you come help me pass out these papers?" Mrs. Fray asked and the boys looked at each other and nodded together. They would be friends forever, right?

Sorry, it's so short but I will post the next part tomorrow and it will be middle school, then the third part will be high school. Thanks for the the request ITalkFast! What do you think about their first meeting? What will happen when Jace gets back?