Surprise

Alec woke up early that morning because it was an important day. Magnus didn't really like his birthday for good reason Alec thought but he still needed to have a day to celebrate so he had picked the day they first met.

He was beyond nervous but Magnus deserved this and Alec knew that it was up to him to provide it. He set the bags of food on the counter and filled their coffee mugs just the way they liked it. His hand shook as he put some sugar in each mug.

He was trying to stay silent so that Magnus wouldn't wake up and ruin the surprise. But he knew his warlock was sleeping soundly because he had already checked on him.

Alec put the pancakes, bacon, eggs, and hash browns on the tray that he had already put a small vase with a single red rose, it had been Izzy's idea.

Then he placed their mugs on it and got out the glittery gold candle he had picked for this such occasion. He lit it and carried the tray carefully and quietly to Magnus's bedroom. He pushed the door open with his foot while still balancing the tray in his hands.

He could hear Magnus's faint snoring and had to stop just so he could look at him. He was amazing with his makeup and hair all done but he was unspeakably beautiful without it.  Alec's favorite Magnus was when he was unafraid and sleeping. His long hair covered half of his face and he looked peaceful.

Alec tiptoed to the side of the bed and leaned over him to put the tray on his lap. Instead he tripped over his own foot and dumped the tray and it's contents onto his sleeping boyfriend.

"What the hell?! Magnus shot up in bed throwing the tray and food off of him. Thankfully the candle went out from the first fall.

"Are you okay?" Alec asked as he ripped the covers off of Magnus's now very awake form. "I'm so sorry."

"Alec?" Magnus finally calmed down enough to look at him. "What happened? What are you doing here?"

"I'm so sorry. It was a mistake. I'm gonna go. " Alec covered his face and ran from the room. He was so embarrassed and felt horrible. He had literally dumped the birthday in Magnus's lap even after he knew Magnus didn't want to celebrate it ever.

"Alec, darling, wait." Magnus stopped him with a hand on his arm just like when they had kissed that first time.

Alec turned around but wouldn't look him in the eyes. He was glad to see that Magnus was in a clean pair of black briefs along with a teal and black robe with silver dragons on it.

"Alec," Magnus put his finger under Alec's chin to lift it so he'd look into the warlock's golden eyes. "I assume you didn't come over just to dump some breakfast food on me so just tell me. I'm not mad, in fact I found it funny, you know, after I figured out what was going on."

"I was, well, I wanted to give you a birthday so I picked the first day we met which was today last year. And I planned it all out. I wanted to give you breakfast in bed and I got you a present and I'm now realizing how stupid it was. I'm sorry. I'll go clean up the mess." Alec pulled away from him and turned only to have Magnus use his hold on his arm to turn him back around.

Then Magnus's lips were on his and Alec forgot everything except his warlock. Magnus moaned as Alec ran his fingers through his hair and dipped his tongue into his mouth. Alec pulled away but only to nibble on Magnus's ear. Magnus unbuttoned Alec's shirt and slid it down his arms so it feel to the floor as Alec moved to suck on his throat. He bit down just hard enough to make Magnus jump before he kissed it better.

"See now this is the way to celebrate my birthday." Magnus joked but Alec froze.

"You're really not mad?" Alec watched his face carefully to make sure he saw if he was trying to lie.

"Of course not. You did give me breakfast in bed, not the way I prefer to have it, but you did and you're the first one I've been with that cared enough to do something like this. You decided to celebrate the day we first net as my birthday because that was the day my new life began. I love it. I love you. " Magnus kissed him again but this time it was slow and tender. It was more than just a kiss it was a promise.

"Plus, I've already gotten you out I'd your shirt and my beds already cleaned off." Magnus winked and took his hand.

"Well I guess I can give you my other present." Alec said with a smile that showed his teeth.

"Oh!" Magnus clapped his hands. "I do love present!"

"Just don't laugh." Alec gave him a serious look that showed just how nervous and vulnerable he felt.

"Alec you don't have to give me anything. Really." Magnus said because he didn't want Alec to feel forced into doing something.

"No. I want to." Alec unbuttoned his pants.

"You know I've already seen that part of you right?" Magnus asked confused.

"I know." Alec pulled down his pants and briefs just enough to show the inside of his hip where he had gotten the present.

"Oh my, Alexander. Is that what I think it is?  It's beautiful." Magnus reached his hand out and lightly ran his fingers over the tattoo.

"It's the rune we draw when we devote ourselves to another." Alec whispered, his voice husky from emotion.

"And you put my name in it." Magnus was shocked. Nobody had ever loved him like this. He knew that Alec didn't expect anything in return. He had done it for the sole reason of making Magnus happy.

"Well you're the one for me. I wanted to always have you with me." Alec shrugged obviously feeling nervous all over again. He rarely was that open with anyone, even Magnus.

Magnus kneeled down and kissed the tattoo gently, it turned a bright blue for a moment then Magnus hissed slightly. He stood up and showed Alec the matching tattoo he had given himself with Alec's name in it.

"I want to always have you with me too Alexander." Magnus kissed him again and Alec pushed him backwards toward the bed.

A/N Thanks for reading! Hope you liked it ♡