12. The Date

A/N Just so you all know this is the last part of this multi-part story. Hope you enjoyed it and don't worry this will be a fun last one. I'm thinking if you really want more I can make it into a separate book that I could update once or twice a week.

"Wait, she asked him out?" Alec asked Magnus as they sat in bed getting ready to go to sleep.

"Yes. I know!" Magnus smacked Alec's arm excitedly. "I was in the hallway, just about to go in and check on him and then I heard her."

"We shouldn't be talking about this. We should let him tell us himself." Alec shook his head. "No, I need to know. How did she do it? What did he say?"

Magnus brushed his hand against Alec's cheek and the lights went out. "You're right, darling. We shouldn't talk about it until he comes to us."

Alec squinted his eyes. "Don't you dare do that to me." Alec pushed Magnus back slowly so he was lying on his back with Alec on top of him.

"Mmm... I like where this is going." Magnus purred into Alec's ear and kissed his neck in the spot that he knew drove Alec crazy.

Alec moaned before pulling away sharply. "No way, Bane."

"Bane? Is that really where we're at Lightwood?" Magnus chuckled and pulled Alec back on top of him. 

"What did she say?" Alec asked trying to focus while Magnus's hands danced underneath his shirt, slowly pulling it up. 

"Who?" Magnus teased.

"Come on, Mag. I want to know." Alec demanded.

"Fine." Magnus pushed Alec so he fell off of him and laughed. "You're relentless which normally I love, but right now it's going against what I want."

"Hurry and then we can get back to what you want." Alec played with Magnus's hand. 

"She asked him out and he said yes." Magnus said and tugged on Alec's hand to pull him back to his previous position.

"How?" 

"With words." Magnus kissed Alec.

"What words?"

"Good ones." Kiss.

"Like?"

"Don't care." Kiss.

"When are they going out?"

"Tomorrow." Magnus pulled Alec's shirt off and kissed his chest.

"Can we go?" Alec helped Magnus out of his shirt.

"No." Magnus chuckled as Alec's fingers found the ticklish spot on Magnus's waist.

"Why not?"

"We need to let them be themselves."

"Fine."

"So, we're agreed. Neither of us will go."

"Agreed." Alec nodded.

"Now, shut up and put your lips on me," Magnus demanded.

-----------

"Hey, Catherine," Rafe said as he walked into the restaurant. Catherine looked as beautiful as ever in a bright green dress. 

"Raphael, you sure know how to clean up." She leaned in and kissed his cheek. 

"You're not so bad yourself." He took her hand in his shaking one. "Should we sit down?"

"Yes, I can't wait. I've always wanted to try the food here." Catherine followed Rafe to a table in the back corner. 

"It's amazing." Rafe said and tripped over a chair. Catherine twisted her fingers and Rafe was kept from faceplanting. "Thanks." He blushed.

"You're cute when you blush." Catherine smiled sweetly.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Magnus hissed at Alec who was watching from his hiding place.

Alec jumped, smacking his leg on the table. "By the angel, Magnus! You about killed me."

"Well you deserve it, you creep." Magnus sat down next to him and watched as their son flirted with Catherine. 

"What are you doing here?" Alec cocked an eyebrow.

"I knew you would break our promise and come spy."

"Sure."

"You did."

"You did too." Alec pointed out.

"Only to make sure they were safe. Demons could attack at any moment."

"You're a terrible liar, darling." Alec laughed. "But, did you see when she kissed his cheek?"

"So cute, right?" Magnus took a bite of Alec's sizzling shrimp. "And then he tripped just like you."

"Only to- By the angel! Look at them." Alec whispered yelled.

"He's holding her hand on the table." Magnus beamed. "What do you think they're talking about?"

"I don't have to think about it." Alec smiled.

"You're using a rune you cheater." Magnus smacked his leg.

"It's not a game so I'm not cheating."

"You're getting much too good at arguing. It's worrisome."

"Do you want to know what they're saying or not?" 

"Of course I do."