4. Dinner

Magnus woke up slowly and happily. He was still wrapped up in Alec's arms. He had slept so well that embarrassingly enough there was a tiny puddle of drool on Alec's chest from where Magnus was resting. He wiped it away and tried to untangle himself from his boyfriend.

Alec's grip on him tightened just like it usually did when he wasn't ready to get up. Magnus chuckled and brushed Alec's hair out of his face.

"It's time to get up darling." Magnus kissed him lightly.

"Sleep." Alec mumbled and tucked his head in against Magnus's neck.

"It's already 9. Why don't we go get some dinner then we can go sleep in the giant bed I paid for?" Magnus offered.

"What's dinner?" Alec asked, opening one eye to look at Magnus.

"I can tell you what it's not: macaroni and cheese or the color blue." Magnus laughed.

Alec laughed with him. "We sure have a picky kid."

"That we do, but this weekend we eat what we want!" Magnus got up and stretched, then held out his hand to Alec.

"Fine, I'll get up." Alec took his hand and let him pull him to his feet. "You sold me on the no blue food. That food coloring is impossible to clean. Remember what happened after those pancakes for father's day?"

"If I weren't a warlock we would have had blue mouths for a month." Magnus shook his head. "He's lucky he's so cute."

"We should switch him over to just eating natural blue foods along with real people foods." Alec offered.

"And there's the rub; we have blueberries..." Magnus chuckled. "Maybe we can make it a game to find the blueberry."

"What if one of us gets it?" Alec asked.

"Right, Rafe would hate that." Magnus rubbed his thumb and forefinger against his chin in thought.

"Speaking of Rafe. What do you think of Miss Catherine?" Alec took Magnus's hand and they started walking towards the hotel.

"I love it! She's so feisty which is exactly what he needs. He's too much like the ungay you." Magnus kicked a rock in front of them.

Alec cocked an eyebrow. "The ungay me?"

"Yeah, before you came out. You were so tense and dare I say boring." Magnus flinched just before Alec smacked his arm.

"I was never boring and you seem to like when parts of me are tense." Alec smiled suggestively.

"Oh, believe me, I do; very much Alexander. But you know that's not what I meant. You were constantly scared and Rafe is like that too. But when he talks about Catherine I see that spark in his eyes just like the one you still get." Magnus stopped walking and touched Alec's cheek. "That one right there."

Alec leaned into Magnus's hand. "I love you so much."

"I love you too." Magnus leaned in and kissed Alec. This was the time. He distracted Alec with another kiss and got the ring from their room with his magic.

"Oh, so sorry!" A woman in a uniform exclaimed when she nearly ran into them.

Magnus sent the ring back and waved her off. "You're fine."

"Should we go eat?" Alec asked and held out his hand again.

"Of course, darling." Magnus lead the way to the in house restaurant.

"I am starving." Alec whispered in reverence while looking at all the choices of the buffet.

"Me too. And the best part? We can just get our food and sit wherever." Magnus wanted to clap his hands and dance. Rafe always had to sit at a good location so he could see everything and Max still needed help getting his food or he'd only get cookies and macaroni and cheese.

"I don't know if I remember how." Alec joked and picked up a plate.

After eating they took a little stroll on the beach before going to their room. Alec loved how open and free he felt here with Magnus. It had taken him much too long to get to this point.

"After you, darling." Magnus held the door open for Alec.

Alec's mouth dropped open when he stepped inside. "Magnus." He covered his mouth with his hand.

"I take it you like it." Magnus wrapped his arms around Alec from behind and rested his chin on his boyfriend's shoulder.

"It's beautiful." Alec looked from the rose petals that lead to the bed, ending in a heart to the bucket of ice with a bottle of champagne, to the sheer fabric surrounding the bed.

"Yes, you are." Magnus kissed Alec's shoulder.

"My pants!" Alec rushed to the dresser and picked them up.

Magnus ripped them from his hands. "Yes! What exciting thing did you bring for us?"

"Give them back." Alec tried to grab them but Magnus ran to the bathroom and closed the door.

Magnus dug through the pockets but came up empty handed. He opened the door and froze when he saw Alec.

A/N Ahhh! What's going on with Alec? What's he doing that's got Magnus so quiet? I entered into the Watty's! Wahoo! But I'm thinking of doing my own contest with all of you, what do you think? Thanks for reading, voting, and commenting.