Shıt. This was hard. I couldn't keep accepting his denial, it was getting uncomfortable.

I started to move but his arms looped around me quickly, pulling me towards him. I frowned, unable to look into his eyes that were asking me to get what he actually meant but I couldn't, I couldn't prove myself wrong.

I wanted him to say it all, whatever he felt; whatever he meant, everything that would not prove me wrong.

If only he said.

Maybe I wasn't worth it, maybe his love was too much to ask for.

Showering in the snow, he brought our intertwined hands closer to his chest and placed it right over where his heart was. I could feel the vibration of each thump, it was opposite to what I imagined.

It was beating fast.

Just like mine.

It seemed like Aaron didn't talk much. But the way he was struggling in front of my eyes, I knew he wanted to say so much. So much that I couldn't be able to take in at one time.

"This is how you make it when you are around me," he spoke up and my eyes met his, widening in anticipation of what he was confessing.

I was too happily struck in the realisation that My love was opening up to me.

"I didn't know, tigrotto,  I didn't know I had a heart. I thought I lost it the day when he left us."

Who?

"We were not living the whole time, my mama was depressed." He closed his eyes as if he was in pain. My heart clenched to see him in pain.

"Aaron--"

"No, Ava. Just let me," Tightening his hold on our hands and he continued, "You make me feel things which nobody did. I'm not what you think but You bring out the human in me. I know I hurt you, even broke you.. but you didn't go, you didn't want to give up and that just... did it."

"I like you." Hearing him say it had goosebumps erupting throughout my skin. I knew it was not what I expected but the little effort he took was everything that made my heart swell with pure affection.

I couldn't keep the smile that curved my lips unknowingly. "I'm happy, you are making me happy by just those words." And, I would explode when you will say that you love me.

I would try to find his pieces, even if bits by bits, I would find it to make him completely free from his demons which he was fighting under the barrier of his heart. He thought I didn't know but I could feel him suffocating from the leash because that was what love gave you, right?

The capacity of understanding the unspoken words through our eyes, yes it did to me.

He opened his mouth to say but I shook my head and said,

"I can wait for you."

.     .     .     .     .

This, this felt so perfect. With my back against his front, my legs encased between him, we laid there in the soft and chilly snow. The weather didn't freeze me because Aaron was warming me up to the level where it was impossible for me to catch the cold.

Soon enough, I realised I was drowning in Aaron.

I rested my cheek on his shoulder, I inhaled his rain forest scent in my lungs and he stiffened.

"Don't do that," He said roughly.

My smile widened to the point that my cheeks started to hurt. "Don't do what?"